200pt fast force- i hope - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

200pt fast force- i hope

king-211
    flail
    armour of ages
    shield

prince - 196
    chariot
    flail
    icon of rulership
    chariot of fire
    la + shield

liche priest 165
    dS
    HJ

Icon bearer - 125
    banner of hidden dead

CORE

10 warriors 80
    shields

20 warriors 215
    la
    banner of undying legion

20 warriors 190
    la
    banner

25 warriors 235
    la
    banner

3 chariots - 140
    banner

3 chariots - 140
    banner

SPEACIAL

3 carrion

Tomb scorpion

199pts, any thouhts are welcome. I'm going in town in a couple of days and am going to buy some more TK so could affect what i get.

Last edited by DavidWC09; March 31st, 2007 at 06:51.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My concern is the low ratio of spells to the number of skeleton warrior units you are fielding. Some of the units are fast, but without the incantations, the skeleton warriors are going to be left in the dust, meaning half your force could be out of the action when the vangard makes contact.

True, most have bows, but they can't target units that are in close combat already (unless I'm mistaken on that rule). Plus they're going to need to be one really long line to get their full number of shots.

What is the purpose in the small unit that is armed with shields?
    Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!
    Nothing beside remains

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

more chariots!

Seriously. They are cheap, drop some skellies, grab another lich, leave the icon bearer at home. I know that you want to use the banner of the hidden dead but a lich with incantations can more than make up for the surprise attack with that banner. Afterall, you can't even charge on the turn you emerge. Better to take another scorpian than the banner, only 25(3 skellies worth) more.
    And,
    even a fast force needs support. A screaming skull is pretty much a constant in most builds. It can flatten knights and scatter a battle line due to its panic causing power.

I gotta agree with silmerosse too, not enough magic to move your force. Even if you're planning to let the enemy come so that you can more easily coorodinate your troops, a good foe is not gonna waltz right into your grasp, you either have to bring the battle to them, or force them to hit a certain area of your line.(this is what warmachines are good for!)

But I like that you have lots of foot sloggers and six chariots wisely placed in units of 3.
    :yes: (I would want to take 3 more!)
    and one last note... if you can make that carrion unit 5 or6 strong, you are gonna be able to due nasty things to units that flee from fear, charges or simply combat rez. Those boids are well worth the points!

+ Reply to Thread