Two Army lists, Construct and ICFB - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Two Army lists, Construct and ICFB

I got a bit bored, so started playing around with lists, and came up with these two.

The first is a 2K undead construct list, and i tried to theme it as much as possible, including what i thought necessary for the list, and not just what would make it powerful.

High Liche Priest (H)
    Cloak of the Dunes
    Mighty Plaques
    Golden Ankrah 340

Tomb Prince (G)
    Spear of Antarhak
    LA, Enchanted shield 147

Liche Priest
    Steed 123

Icon Bearer
    Steed 73

2x 5 Light Horsemen
    1 scarab swarm 185

2x 4 Ushabti
    2x Tomb Scorpion

2x Bone Giant 1130

The second list, well, 1K, taking ICFB to the extreme. im aware this would probably never win a game, but deployment would be fun, the look on your opponants face

Tomb Prince
    Chariot
    Spear of Antarhak
    E. Shield, LA 192

Liche Priest
    Cloak of Dunes
    mighty plaques 165

Icon Bearer
    Chariot
    Banner of hidden Dead 180
    (for the horsemen)

3 scarab swarms
    5 light horsemen

3 Tomb Scorpions 460

If i get a chance ill try them in a few games, could be fun. Comments on either lists??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

I am interested to see how either of these lists play out, more notably the first, because while it does possess a little more than the second(but it is 2K vs 1K) I still am unsure at how it will hold together/hold the enemy up. I actually have some faith in the 2nd list working at 1k, as long as you gain up on the foe.

This was my thinking in my list you commented on(only one I've posted), how to function and survive without large blocks of troops? I guess the answer is to always be moving, and to be very aware of distance. Avoid the army of the enemy and pick apart a flank, boxing him in with his own numbers and terrain. Since he will not have large targets, it is going to be harder to bring his entire force against you!

Out of curiosity, are you gonna run the Prince with the Ushabti? He can do some good there with his spear, and despite the 1" difference in speed, can make up for it with his incantation.

Looking forward to the results.
    :ninjaI might even try out either list....)

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

yea your construct list was kinda what lead me to tyhe idea of creating the first one.

Also, the second list is an iea ive had for a while. althought at the moment i have no access to my army, if you could test run the 1K list and let me know how it goes that would be great! ive just always wondered how it would work out, everything cumming from below.

also, i think i would probably run the prince with the ushabtoi yea, i see he could be a huge bonus to one of the units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

Oh no! where's your army? Has it been captured by Vampire counts or Orcs!? I would be happy to give that list a try, but it might be about a week before I can get a game in. It would also give me an excuse to play a smaller points value of a game, as I usually stick to between 2 and 3K.
    I think the ICFB list could work, scorpions are pretty nasty, I think the list just really has to swarm over each enemy unit one x one.

+ Reply to Thread