Tk, IB, LP, LP 2000 Point Balanced List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Minneapolis, MN
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x2)

Tk, IB, LP, LP 2000 Point Balanced List

This is the latest incarnation of my 2,000 point list. I've decided to go against the grain a bit, and keep the Icon Bearer around for a bit longer. So any suggestions should please keep that in mind. I'm mainly looking for a little feedback and any minor tweaks or changes, nothing too major, as I have been able to achieve about a 75% win ratio with this list. Without further ado, here it is:

Tomb King(General)
    Chariot, Flail of Skulls, Collar of Shapesh, Brooch of the Great Desert, Light Armor
    Icon Bearer
    Skeletal Steed, Armor of the Ages, Vambraces of the Sun
    Liche Priest(Hierophant)
    Cloak of the Dunes, Hieratic Jar
    Liche Priest
    Skeletal Steed, Staff of Ravening
    Character Total: 764
    King joins chariot unit containing the BotUL. Banner helps to offset any transfered wounds via collar. Icon Bearer joins the unit of TG and is equipped in an attempt to offset the lower toughness and survivability in comparison to a TP. I also made sure to include the SoR and the BotUL to have two bound spells to help cover for the lack of an incantation. Standard setup for Hierophant and other priest with mounted liche joining Light Horsemen.

3 Chariots
    Standard Bearer, Banner of the Undying Legion
    3 Chariots
    5 Skeleton Light Horsemen
    Core Total: 355
    I had been rolling with a larger chariot unit for quite some time, but in testing I found that I rarely needed the look out sir roll, nor was able to get all models into contact. Horsemen generally follow the general's unit to provide additional incantation support.

18 Tomb Guard
    Champion, Standard Bearer, Icon of Rakaph
    5 Carrion
    Tomb Scorpion
    Tomb Scorpion
    Special Total: 570
    TG provide a very maneuverable block of static CR. Slower moving then most of the force, but they are quite resilient. Will usually start with both Hierophant and Icon bearer in the unit, with Hiero flying out when opportunity arises. Carrion and scorpion are pretty self explanatory, march blocking, war machine and mage hunting, as well as crossfire for the carrion.

Bone Giant
    Screaming Skull Catapult
    Rare Total: 310
    BG does what he does best, runs up with the army and charges any small units, or runs in for a combined charge. I've never had any of these spectacular turns I read of with him, but overall he has proven to be reliable and a valuable asset. He almost assures to draw shooting to him, which can sometimes be a blessing. SSC shoots skulls...I make sure to be careful not to risk scattering into my forces, has only happened to me once, and I plan on keeping it that way.
    Army Total: 1999

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

2. Remove Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Lancaster / Warwick, UK
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

The list seems fine to me. any chance you could find the points for the catapult upgrade? imo drop the tomb guard for this and a unit of 4 ushabti. they hit harder and will be good for assisting the giant in combat.

+ Reply to Thread