1000pts Tomb Prince? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts Tomb Prince?

What do you guys recommend putting on your Tomb Prince in a 1000pt battle? I've tried a few combinations, and while it's not like he needs any help (only model that seems to do anything at 1000pts) I'm never too happy with him.

My favorite so far is Armour of the Ages and great weapon. He doesn't really need the extra wound, but I feel he needs the save, and it's cheaper than Scorpion Armour. I put him in a block of Skellies with spears, so he needs to be able to have a good save while doing some damage, since the skellies are just along for the ride.

I'm wanting to try a Light Armour, Enchanted Shield, and Spear of Antarhak combo in my next list. Pretty pricey for 1000pts.

So what do you all use? If you use more than one (which I find unlikely) I'd like to know how you get that to work.

Thanks.

Last edited by SilentRamble42; August 14th, 2007 at 02:04.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Weapon- very cheap and gives Prince decent strenght. He has low I so most of the time will strike last anyway.

Sapesh- Ward save is good, especially cheap one. You can't have TK Hero with uber armour save, so it's best option imo.
    And the ground did tremble, as the king marched to war...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Agree with InvaA here. In a 1000 pt game Great weapon and collar of shapesh. If i had a few points left over at the end of the list I'd try to get him the LA and Shield upgrades too, just so the option would be there if a situation arose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. Never really saw the Collar of Shapesh as a ward save until now. Considering how fast the skeletons are going to go anyway, what's one more? Also considering that it's 20 more points for the same thing minus the dead skelly, that's a pretty good deal. Here I was dumping all these points into a modifiable armour save when I could have had a good/better permanent save for cheaper.

I'm feeling kinda stupid now :blink:

I mostly play 1000 point battles, as I don't have nearly as many models as I'd like, and the store I play at loves mega battles, so this info will do me great.

Thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Yeah the Collar is really great, especially when you consider how cheap it is. It's even better than a ward save (in some respects) since the odd thing that may negate a ward save does not negate the Collar. Even it doesn't save us from crumble wounds though.

As an added bit of advice, you can safely drop the spears off of the skellingtons to pay for the collar with the low point cap. The spears never pay for themselves.
    ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed that about spears. I lose 4-7 skellies a turn from combat res alone (I know, I should be worrying about other things than my Prince) And by the timeI would be able to use the second rank, only the front rank is alive.

Sadly, I have 20 skellies set up as spears. I don't mind proxying, but in other ways, I do. I guess it also hurts me that when I'm making the lists, I don't think that not giving them a spear will give them a better armour save.

+ Reply to Thread