CoS LoS Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CoS LoS Question

Let's assume that some silly player has a block of knights with a frontage of 10! Let's assume further that this block of knights has charged a unit of poor little skeletons, who only have a frontage of 5. Miraculously, the skeletons survive the charge. In the next turn's magic phase (right at the end), the CoS goes off. If the situation is as depicted below:

-------
    |CoS|
    -------

SSSSS
    SSSSS
    KKKKKKKKKK

My question is: Will the knights be affected by the CoS? I find the CoS entry a little confusing. It speaks of units able to draw line-of-sight, but does that continue to apply even if the unit is in combat?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CoS does not target units engaged in combat. This was very unfortunate for me in a battle a while back, since my main unit had a magic resistance of three that could no longer be used against the casket once it engaged in combat since that unit was no longer being targeted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya I think it was insome FAQ that units engaged in combat are basically oblivious, due to the raging combat, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's basically what we figured, but we have no clear evidence to support the claim. AFAIK the newest TK FAQ does not address this issue, which worries me. Can anyone point me at some ruling?

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Units in Combat do not have any Line of Sight. Hence no matter how many models are not actually fighting, the unit cannot be affected by the Casket.

+ Reply to Thread