Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I've got some questions regarding Chariot wounds (and any wounds associated with a chariot unit). My questions are based on my inexperience with the game and reading over the stats given by Army Builder
A unit of chariots have a driver, warrior, and 2 skeletal steeds (assuming I've modeled it appropriately). The chariot itself has N wounds. In army builder it says a skeletal steed hasX wounds. In addition, a tomb prince or tomb king will have Y wounds.
1) For a single standard chariot how many wounds does it have total?
N + X = total wounds OR
N + 2X = total wounds
In this case, I'm not sure if you count for each steed on the model base
2) How am I supposed to distribute wounds in games?
3) If I take out all the wounds for the chariot prior to the wounds on the steed, what happens if I win combat? Does it move like a steed by itself?
4) If I take out all the wounds for the skeletal steed prior to the wounds on the chariot what happens if I win combat? How can a chariot move without its steeds?
5) How does items 1 through 4 change when I assume that a tomb king/prince is inside the chariot?
6) If a unit issues a challenge to my tomb prince/king, do my skeletal steeds get to attack or is the tomb king/prince considered out of the chariot and fighting on its own?
My apologies for some of the questions looking like Algebra questions. I was going to put a joke question about 2 chariots coming from 2 different locations at two different speeds, but thought it would have been inappropriate.
Jokes aside, my most sincere thanks in advance
Rudy Wilfred Picardo
Current Record (W/L/D) 143/112/60
Recent Battle - 1500 pt draw vs. IG player (mission: Seek And Destroy)
It has the number of wounds listed for the chariot. When it goes, the crew automatically dies in the crash. You cannot allocate wounds to the crew or steeds.
Only exception is characters do not die when ejected from their chariots.
<edit> Oh and for point 6, if the King/Prince accepts a challenge, yes the steeds get to fight in the challenge. The King/Prince's impact hits do NOT count in that challenge, just regular old impact hits. If a chariot champion accepts a challenge, his steeds get to fight in the challenge also, but his driver does not.
Last edited by Nephthysis; September 5th, 2007 at 14:48.