The big 7ed edition question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What number are we?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st

2 4.65%
  • 2ed

1 2.33%
  • 3ed

1 2.33%
  • 4ed

3 6.98%
  • 5ed

4 9.30%
  • Last in line

32 74.42%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The big 7ed edition question

I know this is a question there is hard to answer.
    But does anyone have an ideer when tomb kings are going to get a 7ed army book?

I was thinking about the last edition (6ed) what armies got they army book first and last.
    If I remember it was some thing like empire, orc & goblins, skaven, chaos hordes, dark elves, high elves, vampire counts, TOMB KINGS, lizardmen, bretonnia, beast of chaos, dwarfs and last wood elves.

As I have seen the the list of release for 7ed. Is is empire, orc & goblin, high elves, vampire count, dark elves, chaos and last on the list is chaos dwarf (don't think this is true, but hoping).

Therefore are lizardmen, wood elves, bretonnia, dwarf, beast of chaos and TOMB KINGS still missing.

THE BIG QUESTION IS how long are we going to wait? Are we last or first missing list???

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

The TK book is fine as it is. There are a handful of small changes i would like to see, whilst keeping the army balanced.

As for when we will be getting a new book, assuming that they put out 2-3 new fantasy books per year, then id say we have 2-3 years to wait.

Personaly i could only wish it was longer... TK are one of the best armies in fantasy... balanced but strong and with a great indvidual style. The moment GW are allowed to get their grubby mits on them i can see the army being made, well, awful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

We're looking at end of 2009 at the absolute earliest, but I'm with Deceiver in the "in no hurry" boat. The changes anyone would like to see are so minor that we'd almost certainly end up getting nerfs that don't make up for them (ie, increase to scorpion point cost).
    ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the tomb king army as it is now too 8Y
    But if I got the right picture of the coming edition armies they all are getting a special rule, I am not sure how hard it will be winning a battle if high elves have first strike and if I got i right dark elves getting hated to all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    We're looking at end of 2009 at the absolute earliest, but I'm with Deceiver in the "in no hurry" boat. The changes anyone would like to see are so minor that we'd almost certainly end up getting nerfs that don't make up for them (ie, increase to scorpion point cost).
    I can see this happening. Some idiot game designer says 'Hey, no one uses TK light and heavy cavalry, let's drop the points a bit. Oh wait, everyone uses chariots, scorpions and the catapult - double the price!'

I wouldn't be disappointed if we never got a new book. TK are great as they are.

Blood & Souls for Khaine! flameseeker574's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_other_guy View Post
    I really like the tomb king army as it is now too 8Y
    But if I got the right picture of the coming edition armies they all are getting a special rule, I am not sure how hard it will be winning a battle if high elves have first strike and if I got i right dark elves getting hated to all!
    the hatred is just a rumor and Its probaly goning to be a year until we(dark elves) get our book so i wouldnt trust any DE rumors just yet.

as for TK they are a very balance army and i dont think that they will get they book anytime soon, probaly 2010 or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i voted last in line for thats were i ope we are.
    "Advance, or it will not be daemonic blood that stains my hammer this day."
    Inquisitor Lord Hephaestos Grudd, addressing Colonel Molain of the 223rd Gudrunite Rifles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some important things to change in TK. However I think that except adding some new units, nerfing scorp&boosting Ushabti GW may not have enough ideas important so much that they'll make new codex.

We need an errata.

We do not need new AB.

Which means we're last in the line, because GW said "no" to erratas.
    And the ground did tremble, as the king marched to war...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_other_guy View Post
    As I have seen the the list of release for 7ed. Is is empire, orc & goblin, high elves, vampire count, dark elves, chaos and last on the list is chaos dwarf (don't think this is true, but hoping).

I think its true,my buddy wanted to start a chaos dwarf army and ask around and suppose do get a 7 ed codex in the nest year or 2.
    Let slip the dogs of war.
    Bretonian (over 5k points)
    Tomb king (over 5k points)
    Ogre kingdom (4.5k points)
    Tyranid (3k points but not even half assemble,new army)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be quite surprised if chaos dwarves get a book in the next 5 years let alone 2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast