Scorpion King? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scorpion King?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scorpion King?

Hi guys, one of the staff members at my local GW has invited me to take part in a new campaign where you have until the end of January to build a 1k army. The army can be a completely new one or we can add to our existing warhammer army. I already have 1k points of Tomb Kings and I absolutely love them so I am going to add another 1k points to my army for the new campaign. I was watching the Mummy Returns the other day and I thought that it would be cool to make a Scorpion King! It would probably be a current Tomb Scorpion with a Prince or King coming out of the head area. I think it would be fun to "count as" a Chariot that my King/Prince could ride in although I am a bit stuck on which magic items/weapons would work with the current Scorpion model. I am a bit stuck here guys so I would love to hear your opinions and ideas. Plz help me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it depends on how much modeling you want to do. For instance the Chariot of Fire upgrade could be represented with flames bursting out of the joints and the base of the scorpion. The Spear of Antarhak could be a good representation of the spear used to kill the the Scorpion King and is of utilitarian use on a mounted Prince. Pretty much any weapon a Prince/King can carry is viable as long as he still has his arms to carry them.
    Do not question the dice gods for their wrath is swift and terrible.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Sounds like a cool idea for a King conversion. I did a similiar thing with a Necron Lord on Tomb Spyder, with Wraith bits etc.

IIRC, theming the army to the film means you will be wanting a good unit or two of ushabti too yes? Or maybe 1 of them and 1 TG, and scarab swarms, and quite a few HW/S skellie warriors, i dont remember any bows atleast...

As for the King himself, Flaming Chariot sounds good. Other options to consider are Spear of Antarhak, Armour of Ages, Crown of Kings, maybe Vambraces of the Sun (the vambrace thing from the film...?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This does sound very cool. If I ever make a chariot unit with a Tomb King in it, I may be tempted to steal this conversion idea. I would personally give him the destroyer of eternities, because that gives him the killing blow that normal Tomb Scorpions have. Also, it's a pretty awesome item. That plus flaming chariot, and I do beleive you have a devestating king.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Ufortunately the Destroyer of Eternities can only be taken by a King on foot. A shame, but it would be insanely good, possibly overpowered, if it was legal for a Chariot King to have it, due to the large base size. Imagine the carnage if you got flanked!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies guys. I really think that the chariot of fire would be really good, maybe i could have a fiery glow coming from the joins in between the armour plates?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deceiver View Post
    Ufortunately the Destroyer of Eternities can only be taken by a King on foot. A shame, but it would be insanely good, possibly overpowered, if it was legal for a Chariot King to have it, due to the large base size. Imagine the carnage if you got flanked!
    Can't beleive that I forgot about that. My bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chariot of Fire = 6 legs + 1 pincer/tail impact hits?

I like it. You might want to shorten the scorpion body just a bit though and maybe green stuff it a bit since shortener the front is going to make it a bit wide

+ Reply to Thread