Tomb Guard modelling ideas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master of the Ravenwing Anacron's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Tomb Guard modelling ideas

I'm considering adding a unit of Tomb Guard to my army, but not at all considering paying GW for metal models. Anyone have any ideas on how to model them out of plastic bits, or maybe seen any good conversions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Never really thought about it, imo the TG models are quite nice.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Personally i dont use Tomb Guard often, but when i do i use the front rank of real metal Tomb guard, including the command. The rest of the ranks i fill will plastic skellies, purely because they are cheaper to buy.
    If you want another alternative, maybe look at using the Skellies from the Chariots? They have some nice ornate headgear etc. Just order some separate sprues of skellies and get hold of some spare bases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i was a TK player i would make a TG unit out of casket guard, i reckon they would look pretty cool in rank, with their swords rested on the ground and such........ but if you want to use plastics, then a mixture of the heavy cavalry and chariot skeletons are the best way to go i think theyve got slightly more armoured parts than the foot verions.

Boris for PM! Go Bojo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Casket Guard pretty much are TG, with a slight model variation. Though they dont look cool, there are only 2 very slightluy different poses, and kinda take the point out of the 'expensive metal' arguement.

Master of the Ravenwing Anacron's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Deceiver View Post
    Personally i dont use Tomb Guard often, but when i do i use the front rank of real metal Tomb guard, including the command. The rest of the ranks i fill will plastic skellies, purely because they are cheaper to buy.
    If you want another alternative, maybe look at using the Skellies from the Chariots? They have some nice ornate headgear etc. Just order some separate sprues of skellies and get hold of some spare bases.
    That's a good idea. Chariot crew would also be a great idea in theory, but the problem is that they are on the same sprue as the chariot itself, which costs £10 and contains only 2 crew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look on Ebay there are usually some heads floating around on there. I saw a batch of 14 heads with "Fancy Helmets" the other day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

I use a pair of casket guard to 'bookend' my command group in my Tomb Guard unit. It makes them look very impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Actually... thats a rather nice idea. Going 6 wide you could get in a King, FC, and two of those. That would look quite impressive i think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

539 (x8)

Well, get 2 boxes of normal skeletons, set all the more armoured torsos and heads and use these on one unit, this will instantly make them look better armourerd than the other unit.

Then start changing the weapons, the swords of the tombguard look very distinct, but can be replicated by taking the normal swords and placing them differently.

There are more egyptian weapons though:

(You could make a Khopesh by fileing off a area's of a normal skeleton sword)

(The axe blade could be a cut up roundshield for instance, on top of a spear pole)

Or perhaps an axe

As a final change, you could give them all tabards and such, all this should make for a tombguard looking unit!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast