Casket of Souls Q's - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Casket of Souls Q's

I have never used the Cos before so im unclear about things.
    1. Can the unit that is effected by light of death, use the leadership of their general that is 12'' away? If not, with unit hit and the leader is in that unit, then do they benefit his leadership?

2. Does the priest thats part of the CoS get to cast his own magic or is his magic used as the caskets magic at the end of the phase?

3. This worth taking against elves/dwarves?

-Thanks-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandpwn View Post
    1. Can the unit that is effected by light of death, use the leadership of their general that is 12'' away? If not, with unit hit and the leader is in that unit, then do they benefit his leadership?
    the generals leadership has never been used in any gae i have played with the COS unless he was in the unit

2. Does the priest thats part of the CoS get to cast his own magic or is his magic used as the caskets magic at the end of the phase?
    yes the priest gets to use his magic seperately from the casket

not sure about your last answer you'll get a better response from someone who has layed against them

hope it help abit
    CADIA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is amazing against high elves and dwarves especially if ur on a hill use light of death his war machines are royaly screwed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Units can use the Generals LD value as normal. A unit can always use the Generals LD in any LD based test, unless otherwise stated.

This is also what it states in the TK's FAQ.

If you manage to fit a casket in, it good against anyone. Against dwaves tho, always give the Golden Ankara. Need that ward save for Giant, 1 tonne, alway shoot in a straight line coz they're 100% accuarte Snipers (Cannons). Carrion are handy for this, too, for a first turn charge.

Regards, Tim

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Simply, Yes, Yes and Yes

To expand on the 3rd 'yes' a little, against any army it can have a great effect. Whether its causing a few wounds through a lucky roll against high Ld troops, causing devastation through the ranks of low Ld troops, or merely causing the opponant to save scrolls and dice to stop the caskert, hence allowing you to get your other, often more important, spells off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't own a casket of souls

I posted earlier today that I would buy a second SSC to fill up my 2nd rare slot at 2000 points. I have 1 SSC that I use now.

I have a bone giant that I'm probably not going to use any more because his WS is sooo low!

Should I buy a second SSC or buy a casket of souls?

Lanny May

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Its totslly up to you really. Have a think about which will be more valuable to you. Could always get both and swap every few games? Both are awesome options.

+ Reply to Thread