What to buy next? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    King of Curiosity AltheAlchemist's Avatar
    547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

What to buy next?

i've played tomb kings for a while and i've not had very much luck. I started by buying the battalion and my lists sucked (horsemen should have been replaced with more chariots in the battalion box) currently i own the following models and i am wondering what i should buy to make a good army
    Casket of souls
    30 skeletons
    1 mounted Liche
    1 liche on foot
    1 queen kahilda(my local store did not have tomb king models so i use her in place of a tomb king)
    13 tomb gaurd including command
    1 bone giant
    1 scorpion (i want more)
    8 horsemen (damn these guys are a waste of points)
    2 swarms
    3 chariots
    1 carrion (i know i need 3 but i got this from a friend for christmas)
    so i am just wondering what to buy for my army of the undead also id like some army lists maybe to give me some ideas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

The batallion box is actually pretty good, they are there to give a range of starters for an army, not just the mkst powerful start. Light Cavalry can be good, in small units of 5-6, as cheap distraction units etc.

First of id say try making a solid 1K list from what you have. Dont just rush into buying loads, youll end up never painting it or using most of it.

As for a 1K list, youll be needing Khalida (Prince (ess)) and both Priests. Ideally the second priest would be on foot, but oh well, such is the annoyance of GW blisters lol.

Give Khalida the Collar of Shapesh and a GW. Your Hiero the Cloak of Dunes, and the second priest is ok with just his horse.

Next, core. a solid unit of 20 Skellies is a nice start, whether you take bows or HW/S/LA ill leave up to you. Also you choose command.

Add one of the swarms

Special, go with the 3 Chariots and 2 Scorpions (buy a second if these , you want to anyway, and they are awesome) or 1 Scorp and 3 Carrion (again, you should evenntually do this anyway)

Ideally, id say go for an SSC, its the best rare choice we have available.If you dont want to invest in one quite yet, maybe look at Giving your 2nd Priest a Casket instead of a Horse, it would make your magic, at 1K, totally dominate.

Once you have a Second Scorp or 2 Carrion, and maybe an SSC, look at expanding to 1.5K by adding:
    the Hieratic Jar to youe Hiero
    the Staff f Ravening to your mounted Priest
    a second Swarm
    another unit of skellies

547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

hey thanks! i may have to spend another 75-115 bucks on new stuff but oh well least i know where to start thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Due to GW Copyright, some points costs have been removed. -Spector

heres my new list
    1 tomb prince collar of shapesh light armour shield 131 points
    1 liche priest (hierophant) casket of souls
    1 liche hieretic jar 140 points
    20 spearmen light armour spears shields 200 points
    1 scorpion
    3 chariots
    1 swarm
    total: 1001 points
    what do you think?
    this is my current list with the units i have currently.
    (i'll try to get another scorpion this week catapult, extra spearmen and carrion will have to wait a little while but i'll try to get these units over a period of a few months)
    Last edited by Spector; February 10th, 2008 at 18:37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Drop the spears from the skellies. Never take them, always go with HW/S/LA or Bows. The spears wont get many kills at all, use bows for cheapness, or the HW/S for the save.

Swap the roles of your Priests, NEVER have the Hiero at the Casket. Have the Hiero with the Cloak, and the Priest at the Casket, with no wargear needed.

Also, please remove individual points costs.
    Last edited by Phoenix; February 10th, 2008 at 17:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Due to GW Copyright, some points costs have been removed. -Spector

heres my newer list
    tomb prince collar of shapesh light armour shield 129 points
    priest cloak of the dunes hieretic jar 145 points heirophant
    priest casket of souls
    skeletons with hand weapons light armour and shields with standard bearer 190 points
    scorpion
    3 chariots
    1 swarm
    total 994 points
    how is it now?
    the light armour and the shield for the prince is just to use that extra amount of points so I will just try to keep tweaking this list to make it perfect so what should i change cause you seem to have some great suggestions?
    Last edited by Spector; February 10th, 2008 at 18:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Give the Prince a Great Weapon, loose the LA/S from him, and add music to the skellies. And Please! Remove the points values!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

ok ill change that thanks for the tips

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

sorry about the points costs I didn't see the GW copyright in red at the top. didn't mean to cause any harm to GW but i guess they can't have people looking at the points costs for all my soldiers because people have to buy the book for themselves i'm sorry, didn't think about copyright issues when i wrote that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Dont worry about it too much, a lot of new people make the same mistakes. The red is just an edit from a Moderator (Spector), consider it a polite warning, no harm done

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast