adding some ogres? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

adding some ogres?

Hi. as I really like the new ogre models, I've been thinking of adding some ogres as mercenaries in my force. Since they also cause fear they want be such a weak spot in the army.

What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A while ago I was tempted to add a unit of ogres to my army but I never actually got round to doing it. They're a lot of points and dont really do much that other units cant already do. However if you like the models then I guess you could go for it and see what happens !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Afaik you have 3 choices. Bulls, Leadbelchers, and Ironguts.

For just a few more points, you can take Ushabti over Ironguts, and they will be far better for you.

Leadbelchers... no. TK are reliable, you dont want your own weapons potentially blowing up in your face, Also their short range... in just not a big fan of them.

I also considered adding Bulls at one point. Of course the Casket/SSC attraction was just too much at 2K for me to sacrifice either, but if you want Ogres, these are your best bet.

Almost half the cost of ushabti, and 4 of these will bring some much needed attack power to a TK army. With Extra HWs, 4 can throw out 16As, with 4 Impact hits on the Charge. Quite nice.

They do cause fear. However, they are fairly low Ld, and not immunt to Psychology. That is their weak point, and a good enemy general will look to exploit it. A good WM shot or similiar could easily cause a panic check, or they could be made to break from combat if they get stuck in against the wrong enemy.

That said, i still think they may be worth a shot. Could do some great conversions with them too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

thanks for the answers. Can't maneaters be mercenaries?

Dunno if they are worth it, but atleast I think they are stubborn or immune to psycology.
    they do take up two rare though...

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by eirik View Post
    thanks for the answers. Can't maneaters be mercenaries?

Dunno if they are worth it, but atleast I think they are stubborn or immune to psycology.
    they do take up two rare though...
    They can indeed the Araby manhunter model would like quite nice in a TK army too.

Using ogres would add a nice different element to your army, whether or not they are really worth it is another matter though!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Personally I'm not so sure they are a great fit. Ogres are expensive in an army that already has very expensive characters. Also, they are unaffected by our magic, which is the army's greatest strength.

It is up to you really though.

+ Reply to Thread