Starting TK need advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting TK need advice

Hey i'm just starting TK and was wondering if you guys could give any advice on tatctics and so forth. I've written a very quick list and was wondering what u guys thought. Remember this is just a quick list.

high lich priest, cloak, jar
    2 priests, both on horses
    tomb prince with scorpion armour
    20 skellies, fc, la
    15 skellies, bows
    8 light cavalry, champ
    2 swarms
    19 tomb gaurd, fc, banner of rakaph
    3 ushabti
    2 scorpions
    screaming skull with upgrade

Any advice is appreciated. cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the calvary I would lose the champ and get a standard. The only real use for a champ in TK is hero lock or to protect your heroes from challenges. Give one of the priests the Staff of Ravening. Might consider a Banner of the Undying Legion instead of Rakaph. Chariots are nice, but you list looks pretty defensive. You could also add a Casket. The Scorpion Armour isn't really used unless you plan in losing a lot of combat with the unit he is in. Great weapon and Collar of Shapesh seem to be a favorite. Also might look into Magic weapon, light armour, shield(Weapon depends on opponents, i.e. Flail of Skulls against Ogre Kingdoms.
    Hope this helps.
    Enter Pheonix->
    For the greater good, my will be done!
    Tau- 4k~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tomb Kings- 2.5k
    Thousand Sons- 1850 ~~~~~Night Goblins- 900

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonWraith View Post
    Enter Pheonix->
    Hello!

Im on theverge of writing a beginners guide to TK, itll be stickied when its done so take a look.

As for the list, the overall build seems good. The LHP is fine. The two priests dont seen to have much of a role. Give one the Staff or Rav, and the other, possibly just leave him on foot. A second Prince is also a perfectly viable option in a LHP army, or indeed go for the magic overkill and get the 3rd Priest a Casket.

Lose the Prince's Scorp Armour, it seems good, but effectively means that you are expecting to be losing combats, not a good tactical decision really... Keep it nice and simple, GW and Collar and have him in the Tomb Guard. Possibly in the bow skellies early on so his spell is more useful.

Biost the 15 bow skellies to 20 if you can. Also, as you have TG, then the second unit may also be on to make into 20 bow skellies. Give bow skellie units Music, and a banner if you like, though i prefer to avoid it just in case the enemy takes it (clever opponents can walk through a 20 strong skellie unit with Kroxigor in one turn etc) Champ, again up to you.

Drop the Light Cav to 6, or 5 is you want to use them as a unit to accompany the LP with SoR. Lose the Champ, no Command needed here.

TG with Rakaph are good.

Its expensive, but possibly boost the Ushabti to 4 strong if you can, they can take some damage and still hit back hard.

Dual Scorps are good, though with the Swarms too, possibly drop one Scorp for 3 Carrion, 1st turn charge ability is a great thing.

SSC, perfect

+ Reply to Thread