Give Thanks to the Tomb Kings of LO... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Give Thanks to the Tomb Kings of LO...

Well, off the back of a post by Undead Bonzi, and with LO down to me, i went in search of threads relating to TK on other forums. And... oh my god! seriously, if it weren't for LO then all TK players who use online sources for advice would be seriously doomed.

I came across such horrific advice as ''Drop Ushabti from 4 to 3, and advance them behind a screen of 12 skellie bowmen''
    Yes... clever, so you need 3 spells per turn to concentrate on those 2 units, in order to advance a unit not at its peak forward with a movement reduced by 2"...

Im going to go back in a bit and look for other examples, there were many but that was the only on that stuck in my head.

If anyone else comes across such things then please post here, oh and also if yo get the chance, invite these poor TK players who are on other forums to LO, as it will really benefit them. Some just dont stand a chance though, and others are just beyond help.

Hail LO!

EDIT: just remembered, i also saw this. ''You could just cheese out your TK army by using 3 Scorps and a Bone Giant''
    This was in reference to a 1K army. Its an interesting idea, but is it really cheese? Lot of points in units with very specific roles, and youll lose out on a lot. Also, where would your Prince go!? Thoughts?

Last edited by Phoenix; May 19th, 2008 at 16:50.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    EDIT: just remembered, i also saw this. ''You could just cheese out your TK army by using 3 Scorps and a Bone Giant''
    This was in reference to a 1K army. Its an interesting idea, but is it really cheese? Lot of points in units with very specific roles, and youll lose out on a lot. Also, where would your Prince go!? Thoughts?
    I don't think right now that Tomb Kings are capable of producing what most people would label as "cheese", maybe a low grade Gorgonzola at best.

I think that bad advice is going to be found pretty much anywhere, especially on the internet forums, where there usually aren't any intelligence requirements prior to posting. This place does have some sound advice generally, but I have to say I have found plenty of good advice at the Khemri site.

I am not sure on my all time favorite "interesting" tactical advise, but it would have to either be:

"Don't bother spending any points protecting your Hierophant, he's just going to die anyways"

or

"Chariots should only ever be fielded in units of three with full command"

I'll leave the identities a secret to protect egos.

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

Its good to know my post sent started a heroic crusade to save the ignorant from the idiotic.

I PM'd this one to Pheonix but my two all time favorites were all found in the same thread of a different forum.

1. "With all the new armies out Tomb Kings are now just too weak, put them on the shelf untill they get redone."

2. The best way to kill a Greater Daemon is to use a Tomb King in a chariot with DESTROYER OF ETERNITIES."

Best of luck on your crusade Pheonix.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

*Grabs Flail and Shield, Mounts Chariot, Sets off*

Ill be back with more examples of prime idiocity!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Behold! i return, from a forum beginning with W... there are actually two of them that i know of, ill be checking both lol.

(PS, im enjoying this )

Regarding:
    12x Heavy Horseman - 231
    Warbanner
    Standard Bearer

Comment:
    First get rid of the heavy horsemen they just are not worth there points no way on this earth they must die !!!!!!!!!!##@@@~@~@~

- Ok, few things here.
    Thats a pretty decent unit, US24 and +3 Static C.res. But the response does make a good point () i mean, how can you possibly argue with all those !#@~'s...
    ''First get rid off''... dispite this being the third point made in the response lol.

Regarding:
    Tomb King – Chariot of fire. Armour of the Ages, Crown of Kings, and Flail.

Comment:
    The king can only take 100pts of magical equipment total. Out of that mix, I'd either go with the Flail+Crown or Flail+Chariot of Fire+Golden Eye

- Now... thats just simple addition and yet... the owner of the list seems to have accepted it as a valid point! I wonder if they are aware that the flail doesnt count towards the 100pt limit lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Well, I actually learned a lot of my TK skill from a forum other than LO to begin with. There was one with a very veteran TK player who had written a lot of tacticas all very well and brilliant to read. There are a hell of a lot of misguided forums out there though.

But also remember every playing group has a slightly different dynamic and different styles of lists, so what works in one area won't neccesarily work in other areas. I had someone tell me once that if I didn't want to go offensive magic, I needed to take 3 defensive mages at 2k in order to stop myself being slaughtered in the magic phase. That is a huge amount of points to spend on magic resistance, and certainly not what I'd take in a list.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Very true strewart, but there is a difference between differing opinions, and pure stupidity. This thread is concerning the second one, which seems to be all too common from some sources lol.

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

Khemri.co.uk(probably the biggest TK forum there is) is a good source, albeit some members are abit biased(though same can be said for any forum). Also druchii.net have some good players who has given me ideas I possibly wouldnt have thought of myself. I rather like LO though... goes without saying, why would I stay around if I didnt like it! My connection to LO seems to be rather scetchy sometimes :/

I dont have any specific statement of sillyness but anything which starts with "Drop X unit it is worthless" is pretty sure to be terrible advice. Making a statement with no backing is a useless statement as how could the person asking for advice know why X unit should be dropped to make room for Y unit?

1. "With all the new armies out Tomb Kings are now just too weak, put them on the shelf untill they get redone."
    Seen similiar posts at Dark Eldar boards. Silly Silly, indeed.

Cheers
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

With the Dark Eldar it is a little bit understandable, since they haven't had a redo in nearly 10 years now and are pretty weak compared to the other 40k armies, sure they can win but it requires lots and lots of skill.

I don't think TK are quite as hard to use. In my gaming group, my opponents are of the opinion that TK are overpowered since I have got the hang of them and win easily enough with them. If they got powered up even more.... I'd probably be killed. I know I'm going to have trouble using VC now, since they were powerful in the old rules and very hard for my opponents to beat me but in the new rules they are a lot worse and insanely powered.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

Tomb Kings are an oddball, considered a top tier at one place, middle tier at another and low tier at another.
    As are Dark Eldar, which is why I made the connection, both armies requires you to make it "click" to work at all. When they work they work exceptionally well. Personally I am in no hurry of seeing the TK book remade as it is by far one of the best books GW ever has produced, balanced both within itself and against other armies.

As for VC and now also Daemons I think they´ve been overhyped abit, they were strong before and still are. Daemons I would agrue is a rather balanced army.
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast