Tomb Swarm / Scorpion rule clarification - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    ewd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomb Swarm / Scorpion rule clarification

So I have been looking over the TK rulebook. I notice that on page 42, where it talks about the Casket of Souls, it notes that 0 - 1 Casket of souls can be used. I take this to mean that you can either have zero, or one CoS (and it only has a unit size of 1). Seems pretty straight forward.

On page 44, it discusses Tomb Swarms. Again it says 0 - 1 Tomb Swarm. However this time it says 1-5 bases for a unit size. So, does this mean that you can have up to 5 swarm bases all of which emerge with ICFB at one pre-designated spot (spot marked at beginning of game)? Or can you have up to the five bases emerge at all different spots?

Next I have a special unit question regarding Tomb Scorpions. Say you are playing in a sub 2000 point game. That means you have three special choices. Imagine that you have a block of Tomb Guard (unit size = 20), Ushabti (unit size = 4) and a Tomb Scorpion (unit size = 1). Given that you can only have 3 special choices, that means you will not be able to add any more Tomb Scorpions to the list, correct?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are correct about the special choices. 3 max in a sub 2000 point game. So no more tomb scorpions in your example. My favorite special unit is tomb guard. Allthough most say they are over priced.

The tomb swarms are a maximum 1. But you can have up to 5 bases in that unit. They follow the skirmishers rule. This means that they must be deployed up to 1" apart and can't be touching each other. Sorry you can't deploy them at different locations around the battlefield. (that would be too brutal!)

Lannymay
    Last edited by Lannymay; May 21st, 2008 at 08:06. Reason: Clarifying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, its 0-1 for the tomb swarm unit and each unit is 1-5 swarms.

Though skirmishers can touch.
    For the greater good, my will be done!
    Tau- 4k~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tomb Kings- 2.5k
    Thousand Sons- 1850 ~~~~~Night Goblins- 900

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

0-1 basically means you may have a maximum of one of these units, but dont have to have one at all if you dont wish.

Some armies have certain thing which remove 0-1 restrictions by doing certain things

Some units of some armies may be 0-2, meaning you may take 0, 1 or 2 of these units in any army.

Some units are classed as 1+. This means you must take atleast one of these units, and may take as many of them as you like so long as the points and army organisation options can afford it.

For any of these, the number refers to the number of Army Entries of the unit that may be taken. So you take 0 or 1 Tomb Swarm unit. This unit then, as stated above, is made up of 1 - 5 bases.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. May 23rd, 2008, 13:23
  2. May 23rd, 2008, 07:22