new to this, with questions... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new to this, with questions...

I'm new to the LO, and I've had TK since their release 6 years ago now? I've never played the game, I've been content to just build and paint the army. So why is it (without reading it thoroughly) the first guide I start to read says no Skellie Spearmen?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Lol. Wow, 6 years and no game, got any pics of your army? id like to see what 6 years or building and painting equates to.

So, as for the Spears, that'd be me lol.

See this post:
    (A Beginners Guide to Tomb Kings)
    Spear Skellies and why not to take them

and if you have any further questions, dont hesitate to ask

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops.... feeling a little stupid....found page 2 of beginners guide answers my question.
    never thought to take pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by blottly View Post
    oops.... feeling a little stupid....found page 2 of beginners guide answers my question.
    never thought to take pics.
    Heh, no worries And please do, let me (us ) know if/when you get them posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

you see and i disagree with that.

i have personaly found that having a unit of spear skellys helps alot, yes i know 4+ save > 5+ or even 6+ but that's against str 3 oponents. most of my oponents are st5 at least so i find not having the 4+ doesn't hurt that much (no AS compared to 6 and i couldn't roll a 6 to save my life)

the bonus of the spear skellys is for just +1 point you get an additional rank, now i always use my spear skellys in units of 24 ->30 (6 wide) throw a char into there with a champ and you have 12 spear attacks plus your champ. so your always going to get attacks backs. yes your going to be hitting on 5's and wounding on 4's more often then not. but that's the same as our bows, and we seem to kill alot with those. a great unit i've found with spear skellys is 24 spear/shield, with FC, Banner of Undying legion, king with Spear of A, Collar of shapesh, and scorpion armor. champ takes challanges freeing your king to keep the unit alive. (remember he kills your champ, you rez it back the champ get's to attack again!) and i've been playing (don't see where it doesn't) that any i rez back in combat get to attack back. so if he killed 5, and i rez back 3 i get my champ and 2 more skellys to fight back so instead of having 4 attacks back i now have 10. and the odds of rolling a 5 and 4 on 10 rolls is much greater then rolling 5 and 4 with 4.

personaly i view my skellys to die, and to try to wound, and they do that for me. i have never use HW/S and my skelly unit unsuported will survive in combat with a front and flank for 3 turns. usualy winning at least 1 or 2 through wounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

again, I have never played the game.... I briefly watched a 40k game once...but thats it.
    all the posts I've been reading shows I have alot to learn.
    Thanks for the imput, people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

What order do you play in? How do you get attacked, then heal, then attack back?

Anyway, along the same lines as why i take bows over HW/S, the save is useless.. then actually, there may be some sense in that. If you forgo the save and dont get LA, then i guess for the same cost as HW/S/LA you can get a defensive unit in a more offensive way.

But..

I still dont like their statlines for killing stuff though. Mass attacks yes, something will probably get through. But im still waiting for the day that one of my bowmen attacks an elf in combat and manages to get past its high T and amazing save!
    And also, assuming you play in the right order, then your ''mass attacks' will soon be reduced, having been charged etc your 12 spear attacks suddenly fall to 5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

What order do you play in? How do you get attacked, then heal, then attack back?
    They attack (charge), King attacks back (higher I) does wounds, spear heals instantly ,bringing x models back, those x models get to attack back.

there get attacked, heal, attack back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok....some are now posted. And as for taking 6 years to do them, it was over the years I collected the models, and gradually worked on them....sometimes a year or more would pass by with the models sitting in a box collecting dustlybits. Often it was life in general preventing the brush to dip in the paint jar. ANYhows, this is my first attempt at painting so critics get over thyselves....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hondor View Post
    They attack (charge), King attacks back (higher I) does wounds, spear heals instantly ,bringing x models back, those x models get to attack back.

there get attacked, heal, attack back.
    Ahh Antarhak, i see. Fair enough.

+ Reply to Thread