Destroyer of Eternities question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Destroyer of Eternities question

I love this weapon, but I want to make sure that I have been using it correct. When it makes its special attack, and say I am in base to base with just rank and file models. Say I wound successfully on 5 outa the 6 hits, do only the 3 models takes the wounds, or is 5 models because its rank and file. They way I have been using it is that the 3 models are the ones that die.

Thanks,

Washout

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Youre playing it right, the hits are allocated before wounding, so one models takes 2 wounds, even though it has just 1. Think Overkill in a challenge only you get no add. combat res, or about a Cannonball hitting an Ogre unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Correct, the overkill is only in challenges - if you should killing blow a multi wound character then you get all his wonds for that hit as well.
    Interestingly with the tomb king one attack spell in the magic phase gives the king his special attack to he can have 2 hits on each model!
    Arms are an instrument of evil, No measure for thoughtful men until there fail all other choice but sad acceptance of it.
    Sun-Tse : The art of war

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh i know, its nutty, against rank and file its pretty much a garuntee u are gonna kill all 3...though unfortunately in the 3 games ive played so far with TKs..no opponent has let me get that off haha...but on the plus side it does suck in the dispell dice.

+ Reply to Thread