Glueing Scorps & Catapults - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    King of Curiosity AltheAlchemist's Avatar
    547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Glueing Scorps & Catapults

After purchasing two scorpions and a Screaming Skull Catapult I found that getting them put together is extremely difficult with the heavy torso and skinny legs of the scorpion and the heavy posts on the catapult anyway figuring that anyone who plays tomb kings must have had to glue these models at some point I came here for advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

I think im the only person i know who didn't have a problem with my Catapult. and i only used GW super glue, honest!

Same with my Scorps, the worst one for me was the time consuming filing down of the bosy to make it come from below lol.

So long as you have some decent superglue, all you need is a steady hand. Put the SSC together like a jigsaw, and then put the two halves together with glue on the necessary bits. ALl bits that can be held in place without glue, do so.

As for the Scorps, if you glue the legs straight on, youll only get pinpoint contacts with the base.. if that. But mine has held fine. Put the legs on the body 1st, then the legs to the base, and finally the tail.

Good Luck!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are having troubles gluing metal models, see if you can find a product called galeforce 9 rapid cure...or something along the lines of it. It's a super glue accelerator, you put the glue on one surface, then spray the other surface with this stuff, they will bond very well. In the case of the SSC, which doesn't fit tight together, after i glued the 2 parts together i would put more glue between the cracks and spray it some more. Another option for metals is using an epoxy and holding the pieces together with some kinda puddy.

With the scorps I altered they a bit to make it look like they are coming outa the ground, though you would need a grinder for this. You grind off a good chunk of the body and tail then cut the legs the size that you need and put it all together with green stuff. Ill see if i can find somewhere to host some pics to give u a better idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy a GW hand-pinning device (lol english) and then its a piece of cake.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used the rapid set and it helped big time. The scorpion was easy to assemble and he has stayed firm since then.

King of Curiosity AltheAlchemist's Avatar
    547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Thanks for all the tips. I'm going to buy some super glue tomorrow morning & I will be getting to work on my catapult as soon as possible! I also may look into getting the GW pinning tool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It works wonders. But you don't really need one for the Scorpion or Catapult....... te Bone Giant it wa nice for though.

+ Reply to Thread