Help! vs Orge Kingdoms! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! vs Orge Kingdoms!

Ok, played orge kingoms in a 1k point army and I got hurt badly. I know I made some tactics errors but please help me! How do I beat these guys? Each one is like taking down a tank and they are fast. Plus their mage has a ton of spells!

Please assist!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Ushabti and chariots should help, definitely need combat characters supporting your units. And as a rule you will struggle at 1k with TK against everyone, play the Ogres at 2k and they are a lot easier.

Their main weaknesses are that they have very little armour, even if they have multiple wounds and t4, so you should be able to hurt them ok. They also have very low numbers and usually weak magic defense. Try not to let them get the charge, or they will get impact hits. In a sustained combat you should be able to win with numbers and ranks, or at least only lose by a little bit, and slowly wittle them down. Try to gang up on their units and divide their force.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Casket of Souls, while a pricey investment, is very useful against Ogres. The -1 to their casting will usually force them to make the hard choice on whether to use two dice or not for a spell. More dice per spell means less spells going off and a greater risk of Miscasts for them. And Orges not so stellar leadership means that he will want to stop the Casket from working, which means dice or scrolls not used to counter your other magics.

Chariots work wonders on Orges. They are fast and manuverable enough to run circles around his battleline. A good sized unit, four is my personal choice, will between impact hits and attacks not leave alot hitting back from an Orge unit.
    Do not question the dice gods for their wrath is swift and terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

If you take chariots however, watch out for his characters. A bruiser with a great weapon, or a Butcher with the siegebreaker will pound your chariots into kindling. And with M6 the ogre army is not much slower than our chariots.

I played Ogres before I went to Wood Elves and Tomb Kings, and I can tell you, nothing was sweeter than baiting some chariots with a sacrificial unit of Bulls, then getting a flank charge in with my Great Weapon wielding Bruiser and wiping out the whole unit.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently I am in a league so the army list cannot be modified. It consists of 19x skeletons full command light armor and a shield with a tomb prince with a great weapons. 2x Tomb scorpions, 1x screaming skull catapult, 3x chariots, 2x lich priests. It is not a bad army and is pretty well rounded but at 1k tomb kings do have a lot of issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Make sure that you keep your chariots intact. They are your game-winners. But yeah, do watch out for characters, as has been said (although at 1K, there's not a whole lot to worry about- any OK player that takes 2 or more characters in 1Kpts deserves to lose imho).

The SSC isn't too bad either. Forget shooting the gnoblars, go for the Ld7 Bull units, or the Leadbelchers etc. The ability to kill off potentially 300pts in one shot should never be missed. With that Incantation that lets you shoot twice, you have a nasty trick up your sleeve. Cast it last and hope that he drew out all his DD. You have 3 spellcasters, so this should be easy.

Be careful about using your Scorps as well. Ogres are immune to KB, and the whole disruption thing will do very little to the OK units, who are just plain quick anyways.

When he charges, you have almost no chance. Think of Ogres as knights that can do a LOT more wounds. Speed, Impact Hits, and lots of attacks combine very nicely. But if you can outmanoeuvre them, you've won.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

I beg to differ, even at 1k points it is quite useful to have a bruiser and a butcher. With Ogre magic even one lvl 2 caster can pump out a lot of spells (for 1k at least) and the fact that even butchers are combat beasts is nothing to take lightly.

I was quite successful with my Ogres and I almost always had at least two characters, even at 1k.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Ogres can be a pain, i used to hate facing them as i lost badly every time. But once you learn what to do, they are probably the easiest victory for TK (aside from OnG and Skaven possibly)

At 1K, if the Ogre player has just a Bruiser, then thats good, itll mean less magic defence. If they have a Butcher too, then ace! it means theyve spend over 25% of their points on 2 Characters.

Prince with GW and Collar, should be ok for taking on a few Ogres. Have him in a nice large unit of skellies (bowmen, 20 should do fine, and add music, and banner need to take all the advantage you can of the low ogre Ld. Possibly a Champ too to challenge ogre unit champs or similar.

To fill the second core, get some more numbers. 20 more bowmwn with music (and possibly banner)

Aviod using Chariots, honestly. People have been advising them, but they are good for nothing vs ogres, the impact hits are too little to do any serious damage, and they take a bashing back in prolonged combat. Same with Scorps, dont bother.

Not, may be a surprise, but Carrion. Get these out early and fly behing the main Ogre line as a march block. Best 70pts you can spend.

Now, the big desicion is your Rare slot. Catapult or Casket... The 1st has good damage potential where you wnat it (on the Bruisers head for example) and will likely slow the army down, if not making units flee altogether. The other shoul be good for weakening all units before they reach you. Id advise starting with the Casket and prioritising the Bruiser (followed by any Butcher, and then Ironguts, then Leadbelchers) And if it doesnt work for you, try the Casket.

Ushabti, the only unit TK have able to take Ogres head on. a nice unit of 4 should do fine.

Ofcourse, to support this youll need a strong magic offence. Hiero with Cloak of the Dunes, and possibly the Hjar if points will allow it. Also, a second priest, mounted if possible incase he ever needs the speed.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetahfurry View Post
    Currently I am in a league so the army list cannot be modified. It consists of 19x skeletons full command light armor and a shield with a tomb prince with a great weapons. 2x Tomb scorpions, 1x screaming skull catapult, 3x chariots, 2x lich priests. It is not a bad army and is pretty well rounded but at 1k tomb kings do have a lot of issues.
    Sit back for the first turn or two and shoot him with the SSC then. Try to make them flee, not just to get them off the board but also to disrupt their battle line. Make sure you use incantations to get two shots a turn. When he is closing in, spring into action. If you can magic your skellies into combat, great. If not, just get them close enough that he doesn't get impact hits. Your prince should be able to get a few good wounds and tip the combat your way with ranks and outnumber. Don't bother deploying the scorpions underground, keep them with your battle line. You want to get them into the flanks if you can. The means that only one ogre can strike back at the scorp. And the scorps should try to support your skellies and the chariots with kills.

So really you want your army in two groups. Skeletons and a scorp, chariots and a scorp. Keep the liches within range of as much as they can, and definitely in range of the SSC. Try to pick his army apart one unit at a time, since he won't have many units.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

+ Reply to Thread