Questions about Tomb Kings - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Questions about Tomb Kings

Hello everyone, I am new to Librarium Online and I am fairly new to Warhammer as well. I have some questions regarding Tomb Kings. My first question is just a basic question on painting. I am not the best painter by any means, and was wondering how long it takes you guys to fully paint a unit of 20 skeletons? I like the painting but, painting these little guys takes so long and I am so eager to play the game. My second question is how competent our Tomb King is in battle? How good is he to other lord level characters, and what lords or big beasties should he stay clear of, or should he easily win against. Thank you for taking your time to comment on my post.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

It really depends on how well you are painting them.. If you are just using inking a drybrushing, I would do them in two batches of 10 to make the task less daunting and probably be done in 3-4 hours if I worked at it. If you want to highlight each model and add lots of detail it will take a fair bit longer though.

When you are first starting out you can play without everything fully painted though. Hell my armies still aren't fully painted, and as long as my opponents see some progress each time they don't care at all.

The King is a pretty good fighter, but can suffer from not too much defence. He should be able to take on most elves and empire, Bret and Skaven characters. But may struggle with chaos, vampires, some lizardmen and bulked out black orcs. He is probably best left to kill units rather than characters, unless you find yourself facing a fairly soft character and can kill it easily for VP and combat res, as well as seeing less attacks back at you.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

+ Reply to Thread