Chariot Sweetness - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chariot Sweetness

Ok, I did some math for myself, and I figured I would post it to maybe save someone some trouble down the line. Here's the unit:

Tomb King - Chariot - Spear of Antharak, Crown of Kings, Chariot of Fire
    3 Chariots - Champion, Musician, Standard, Icon of the Sacred Eye

Ok, so if I charge the front of a block of regular foot troops. We are gonna assume WS4 T3 5+ Armor Save. I think this is a good average of foot troops.

Magic Phase Attacks:
    1 str 5 attack (heals 1 wound if it wounds)(Spear of Antarhak)
    3 str 4 attacks (spears on the warriors)
    11 str 3 attacks ( 3 drivers, 8 mounts)

Combat Phase:
    D6+1 Flaming str 4 Impact Hits (Kings Chariot)
    3d3 str 4 impact hits (regular chariots)
    4 str 5 attacks (heals for every wound caused)(Spear of Antarhak)
    4 str 4 attacks (spears on the warriors, 1 extra for champion)
    11 str 3 attacks (3 drivers, 8 mounts)

All attacks at +1 to hit in magic and combat phase for the first round.

It comes out at an average of 4.12 unsaved wounds in the magic phase and 13.35 unsaved wounds in the combat phase. 3 wounds are healed through the Spear of Antharak. Now, obviously, things will very dependant on the actual troops you hit, luck, and other various factors. Things to avoid are enemies with WS5 or higher or T4 and higher. This greatly reduces the number of wounds caused. Hopefully, this will help out those who are on the fence of whether or not to take chariots.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember the King starts off Str 5 so his spear hits would be at Str 6 on the charge.
    Do not question the dice gods for their wrath is swift and terrible.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Unfortunately math-hammer never seems to take into account the fact my Chariots are made of rubber

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ouch, 17.5 approx in total is a lot of damage to average troops. never try that against dwarfs, you will just bounce off them. Ws4 T4 with a 3+ save, basic warriors.

good though for goblins and skaven.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Unfortunately math-hammer never seems to take into account the fact my Chariots are made of rubber
    Wait, so I'm confused now. How'd you get them assembled? Must have been a pain.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, ty on the str 6. Luckily for me, in this case it won't affect anything, he's already wounding on 2s and negating their armor save. But if you hit higher tough stuff, it definatly matters. And yeah, dwarves suck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: if you charge your chariots and king headlong into an enemy infantry block, it is to break them in one go right? Because you don't want any prolonged combat with the chariots. Either way, you're going to inflict a heep of wounds on the enemy, hopefully breaking them in the process. Wouldn't the spear's healing effect be of little use then, since the whole idea is not to get those chariots wounded at all by breaking the enemy on the charge.

What about going crazy and overdoing the whole thing by replacing the spear with the flail of skulls.

I do realize the power of the spear though, having a vanguard of chariots race ahead they might find themself out of range and support by the liche priests, so it would be kind of self-sustaining - given the chariots aren't made of rubber ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are absolutely correct on the breaking on charge. So do be careful hitting stubborn or unbreakable units. The spear is going to be nice because when people see the king a chariot unit, its like drawing a giant bullseye on it. They will direct alot of magic and shooting and there's a decent chance you may be down a chariot or 2 by the time you get into combat. That's why I prefer the spear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Increasing the number of chariots?

I like using chariots in my games but one of the things I was thinking of trying was expanding the number of chariots in a unit from 4 to 8.

This was done to take advantage of the fact units automatically break if outnumbered by a fear causing enemy.

If you charge a block of troops with 4 chariots there is chance you might not outnumber the enemy at the break test (especially if they manage to cause wounds back) since you would have a maximum Unit stength of 13 (3x3unit +4prince i think)

If you had 8 chariots then you would most likely get an addditonal plus one for outnumbering and a maximum unit stength of 25!

Is this a viable tactic? has anyone tried it?

If it has been spoke about elsewhere, please excuse my ignorance and directme there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

sb980962> In a really big unit of chariots like that, wouldn't it be great to put a king with the death-mask on it? I'm not 100% sure, but if you cause terror, don't you only need to outnumber the enemy to make him automatically run? you don't even need to win the combat. Or is it the other way around? in any case, it would seem like a very viable option. death mask, chariot of fire, some armor, and a great weapon or something.
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast