Common points that a successful Tomb Kings generals follows during battle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Common points that a successful Tomb Kings generals follows during battle

Hello again,

So lately I have been trying to better myself as a general by constantly reminding my brain of simple but important things during a battle. I do this by having a neat printed list of paper in front of me with stupid things like...

When moving:
    Keep multiple possibilities open for casters
    Focus on getting important spells through (First step - decide which spell is important!)

etc. This helps to keep my mind focused on the task at hand a little more.

I thought this list could be expanded a little by more experienced generals than I, making a list of common points that a successful Tomb Kings general follows during battle. (In a similair light to Pheonix's Common points made on army lists but focusing on during the battle instead)

Lets try to keep the points as short and sharp as possible. They have to stick in our mind's easily! I also know some points will change depending on the build of each individual's army, but there must be some common ground.

Hopefully others are into this as much as I am. I certainly hope I'm not the only one who could focus a little more on whats important during a battle...

Cheers
    Dan the Man

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

A splendid idea! I'm not a very experienced player myself. So having a list like this in front of me while playing could really help me advance as a general.

I'll start with contributing these two:

• Don't forget bound items/banners! (they are used in different phases of your turn, and it's easy to forget one or two of them, like the banner of the cursing word, or even the icon of the sacred eye)
    • Think about the placement of the Hierophant thoroughly before moving on. (be vary about enemy missile fire, charges or line of sight to enemy casters)

I had my Hierophant die in my last game, when i was forced to fly him over to my tomb king and his chariot unit and help them out with a raise spell in a very important combat. I won the combat, but the Hierophant was left alone when the chariots pursued the enemy, and was shot down by some archers :/ things like that are important to think twice or even thrice about. Placement is everything.
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Very nice thread idea! I'll look at pinning it once its got a few more responses (i find more people look at non pinned threads more often lol)

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
    I do this by having a neat printed list of paper in front of me
    I used to do a similar thing. having my army list in front of me with magic banners and magic casting orders etc highlighted.

- Always have a backup incase that KEY movement spell doesn't work as intended.

And as above:
    - ALWAYS check the hiero over fully when moving him (Yay for not seeing a Butcher as a tree was in the way! )

Quote Originally Posted by Brandpwn View Post
    One thing to add would be fear. I don't know how many times I have forgotten to give someone a fear test during games I played. Now I'm fine but if your new, you have to remember it.
    I still forget! especially on the and when being charged.
    Last edited by Phoenix; December 16th, 2008 at 10:08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing to add would be fear. I don't know how many times I have forgotten to give someone a fear test during games I played. Now I'm fine but if your new, you have to remember it.

Also remember that when using the Icon of Rakaph(free reform) You do that before anything during your turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Remember that your scorpion is hiding underground.
    2) Winning combat and outnumbering with fear causing unit!!
    3) MEASURE CATAPULTS BEFORE SHOOTING BOWS
    4) Remember the CURSE from the King/Prince
    5) We NEVER miscast ...
    6) Bound items/Banner/Prince/King/Priest/Hierophant/casket
    7) Our archers ALWAYS hit on 5+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swiftly indentify true threats versus paper tigers.

Do not rely fear to win you combats. Too many enemies these days are Immune to Psychology.

Recognize early when winning a combat means losing the game.
    Do not question the dice gods for their wrath is swift and terrible.

+ Reply to Thread