Tips for a new TK player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tips for a new TK player

Hey everyone. I was just looking for some pointers in playing TK. I played lizardmen a few years ago, got about 2000 points, then stopped playing. Now im thinking about getting back into it, and want to make a tomb kings army. First off:

Where should i start? What models should i buy to start off a good 1000 point army, just to mess around and have fun with.

Any tips about strategy, how to play the army, or anything of the sort would be great!

thanks a bunch

-Victory528

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm probably not the best person to suggest, but I recently started playing Warhammer also, and I took up a Tomb Kings Army.

I just went to the store, luckily I know the manager, gave him 100£ and said go start me off.

Basically I got a TK battalion, Army book ( ofc ) , Catapult, Tomb Prince / King and a couple other stuff.
    I would suggest the Battalion its a great start ( 32 Skeletons, 3 chariots and 8 horsemen )

- and Welcome Back
    ~ Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

Thanks man.

Yea thats pretty much what i was thinking of doing. The battalion sounds like a good start. Thanks a lot for your input =)

-Victory528

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once your done with 1k i would suggest, depending on if you want to save money or not by proxing, buy a second battalion box. 64 skeletons and 6chariots will definitely give you a nice cored army, then start buying some specials like the catapult/scorps/ushabti if you like em.
    I proxy 19 of the normal skeletons from the battalion box as tomb guard, saves soooo much money. But thats for later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem at all. As I said new myself.
    Also as said above Tomb guard are very expensive that sounds like a good idea.

I do like the Ushabti I opted to buy 3 of them as well as a casket of SOuls and a catapult to go with the Battalion, still yet to paint them.

Good luck with building your TK army, have fun =)
    ~ Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts...

Catapult - preferably used with dice that don't misfire a lot, unlike mine.

Lots of archers (I can roll more than usual 5,6)

I have 24 TG (ebay can be your friend) so don't need many skellie warriors.

I like Swarm as well - costly in points (and ££) but have been known to decimate low powered units - I usually run 3 bases - so that's 15 poisoned attacks - thank you very much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks everyone for your opinions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I am not a tomb king player but can I give you advice with regards to tomb guard if you have a unit that is expensive I advice just buying one blister pack of them every time you buy a plastic box set that way you are never two much out of pocket you will always have something to paint and in a few months you will have a completed unit

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Or just use skellies as TG proxies lol (paint their shields red or something)

and for the third thread today... my link!

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...omb-kings.html (A Beginners Guide to Tomb Kings)

I knew this would save my lots of repetitive writing lol

+ Reply to Thread