*$&^&"£*%$! Lizardmen! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*$&^&"£*%$! Lizardmen!

2000 pts TK vs Lizardmen.

3 battles so far - TK wiped out 3 times. Once I just had the Hiero staring out his mage + retinue at the end of the game - that was all I had left standing.

He has
    Level 4 floating fat mage in a unit of Temple Guard
    3 units of a kroxigor+skinks
    1 large saurus unit (20+)
    2 slamanders + handlers
    3 razordons with handlers
    3 pteradons + 1 with a character on
    and a BSB.

I have
    24TG
    3 chariots (possible 6 + king/chariot)
    SSC
    20 archers
    25 warriors
    3 carrion
    1-5 swarms
    1 Scorpion
    HLP,LP,LP + prince

also 3 ushabti in the box along with another 40 sekeltons in various stages of build)

His magic has too many power dice+extras for me to cope with and he always goes after the catapult with Rain, Firestorm etc - knocking out my only real long range item.

Salamanders burn their way through my guys and razordons seem to have an uncanny knack of rolling a huge number of attacks.

I'm getting quite jarred off with it now as the TK are struggling.

I'm thinking of going for an all out assault on the mage unit and taking Khalida and more archers so at least I can get some poisoned hits.

Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was fairly confident after my first game against Lizardmen, having given them a sound thrashing, but 2 games and 2 solid defeats later I'm beginning to wonder...

Which units perform worst and best in your list? I don't have any experience with Swarms, Carrion or the Catapult, but in my army the Chariots are somewhat successful. The Swarms and Carrion I would guess would not be hard hitting enough to do much damage...time to build those Ushabti!

Magic wise, in 2000 points I play TK + 3x LP + CoS, but not sure how that would fair against a Slaan...at least he doesn't have any other magic users! If you're struggling, take a scroll caddy or 2, and/or give your TK the scroll-like-thingy.

Unfortunately, Lizards are pretty tough for us at the moment, so I think we might have to stick it out until the new book...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My latest theory

Khalida

LP Scrollsx2
    LP Steed,Ravening

IB, chariot,lt armour, Chariot of fire

2x20 Archers
    Swarmx2
    Chariotsx3
    Light Cavx8

Scorpionx2
    Carrionx3

SSC+Foes

All models with bows have +2 for poisoned attacks.

Leave the swarms to defend the SSC as his pteradons usually try to attack it.

Just go straight for his floating mage/temple guard with archers moving forward with Khalida/LP support, Scorpions,chariots and IB/chariot hurtle up the board into his mage deathstar hopefully avoiding his salamnders/razordons.

Carrion / cav to march block, cav to magic missile/ravening his flanking units.

Of course all this could be no good if he takes his stegadon next time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just count yourself lucky hes not using the Engine of the Gods. The one way i dealt with him was with my chariot army. TK on chariot if fire with flail of skull and +1 to hit banner with Ushabti make a VERY hard hitting hammer unit, we normally play 2250 and i use 3 units of chariots, 2 LPs, prince on chariot, 2 scorps, 4 carrion, 2 bone giants and charge him on turn 2 whiel manuevering my stuff to get flank charges.

I'll post a battle report i had against a lizardmen player friend of mine that likes the Engine of the Gods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Lizardmen got better but they arn't unbeatable. I think you should concenterate everything on the temple guard. They are immune to phycology with the slann so fear will not help. Basicaly if you stop his magic then he is doomed. Chariots will help against the temple guard to take away the first rank. He is running a very solid list and it will be a hard game to win.
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

King of Curiosity AltheAlchemist's Avatar
    547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Sigh... I can't wait till we get a new book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can't wait for a new book either

I been squaring off with a lizarman lately myself when i'm not having issues with my local high elfs... but here's a couple thing i notice work well on them not in any specific order.

Khalida her amazing initiative, poison, and stick of stay make her quite the offensive countermeasure. not to mention putting two sets of tenwide skeleton archers to either side of her TG unit makes for a menagerie of pain. imo.

chariots! Chariots! Chariots! specially a character chariot with chariot of fire.

ole fat boys unit needs to be flanked and outnumbered in one fell swoop, you wont get him til they are all dead so you got to wipe them mean mofos out hard.

I personally have to bring 2 dispel scrolls for when he tries to get that black hole initiative check spell of on me. worst way to lose a heirophant ever.

Ironically... a Bone Giant can make the game against some lizardmen. a well placed charge into a solid flank and BAM specially if they fail the terror check, then the giants wpn skill is very good versus the 1 they are left with.

but it's all tactic n timing. and then alot of reliance on dice.

p.s. i'm still trying to figure out how to handle stegodons aside from getting the hell out of its way.
    Last edited by Jin Tkand; March 29th, 2009 at 22:20.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude those skinks/kroxigor units are so easy to get huge combat res off of. Hit them with chariots, even if the kroxigors do a lot of damage there is no way the CR from all the skinks u kill will stack up. If he takes 3 units of those, take 3 units of chariots. Id avoid the TG unit with slann as much as possible, nothing in the TK army(and not much in the entire game) can take it in combat res, just pepper it with screaming skulls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK I threw together a quick list, love it or hate it lol.

Khalida
    Liche Priest w/ Casket
    Liche Priest
    Liche Priest
    Bowman x20 w/ Asp
    Bowman x20 w/ Asp
    Bone Giant
    Chariots x3
    Tomb Guardx24

This should be about... 1988 I think. Now, with Lizards its all about the denied flank. You need to position all of your forces on one side, and keep moving, TK are the only army (other than Chaos Dwarfs...lol) that can be a mobile gun line army. You want to lure in the Sauras and slam them with your block of 25 Guard. Assuming you outnumber and you ice them (put Khalida in there and have her challenge the leader - watch teh sparks fly.) This causes an autobreak. The Krox/Skink units are stupid easy to wipe, just focus fire all your bowman on a block, and use Smiting on them. You should be tossing a minimum of 40 shots at them a turn. Use the high mobility of your giant and chariots to slam the Temple Guard. If your opponent were ever to use an Engine, use the Giant there, he can wreck that with Unstoppable Assault. Also, stay far...far away from TK calvary, imho they are as awful as having your teeth cleaned by a midget with razor wire.

Hope the wall helped, ask any questions and let me know if it helped at all
    0/0/0 Dark Eldar 0/0/0 Skaven0/0/0 Chaos Dwarfs
    Starting on January 1st 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your casket will die as fast as your SSC did.

I think the Chariot idea is the way to go here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast