Settra - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Settra

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Settra

Is Settra worth it at 3000pts.?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitely if you have the models for it. Being that his my will be done effects every chariot heavy cav and tomb guard on the table he sucks up the dispell dice like no other, and not to mention his two castings at the end of the magic phase as well. Very potent magic phase for sure, and if you have 2-3 princes in the list as well even helps more. I would love to try him but i rarely play 3000 point games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I think the fluff behind Settra is cool, I think he is way overcosted for what he does. No ignore armor save weapon, decent armor and ward save but offensively I don't think he matches up too well with other combat lords, unless he gets the charge in with his chariot. He will be a sitting duck for a flyer type (Choas, Demons, HE, VC, etc as well as against breath weapons. He has no MR and no multiple wound attacks. At half his points he might be worth it but considering the resctricions he puts on your army and the fact that he takes both of your lord choices @ 3k, he is a classic example of a 6th edition SC who can not stand up to the reduced price / overpowered 7th edition counterparts.

IMO Khaldia is much better all around than Settra, she actually helps your entire army and can bring down big baddies with her super poison. Regeneration is nice as well as her magic missile spell. Take her with a cadre of Liche Priests, CoS and SSCs and you have a perfect turtle TK army.

For what it's worth Settra's model is pretty sweet.

+ Reply to Thread