How much should a bone giant cost if it's WS were 4 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    King of Curiosity AltheAlchemist's Avatar
    547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

How much should a bone giant cost if it's WS were 4

I have a bone giant model that I built and painted a while back, and well... it hasn't really gotten much use However I want to use it for once and give it a house rule where it would have a WS of 4 and it would cost less. How much less do you think it should cost?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Interesting question. I've thought the bone giant should maybe be 20-40 points less as is. Maybe keep at its current price with WS4?
    I've had some decent luck with it, and a player I know runs 2 together in his list. I've plowed into empire troops and kept on rolling well for the unstoppable assault, devastating them. He's also held up a brettonian lance. I'd say give him a shot as is just to try. Its hard to trade a casket or ssc for him though...

King of Curiosity AltheAlchemist's Avatar
    547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

It would make a good rare choice if I were facing lizardmen or chaos if I reduced his points and upped his ws by a point so I can definitley see how he could be useful (after all, what else could I use against stegadons?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Well, he can be good against a lot of armies because he causes terror. He actually suffers a little against WoC due to good armor saves. Dampens his assault some by taking away unsaved wounds. But he does have some power, which is good for armored opponents and big critters. Still dont want to leave him unsupported though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by MC Bone Giant View Post
    Well, he can be good against a lot of armies because he causes terror. He actually suffers a little against WoC due to good armor saves. Dampens his assault some by taking away unsaved wounds. But he does have some power, which is good for armored opponents and big critters. Still dont want to leave him unsupported though.
    remember your unstopable assault is calculated before armor saves are rolled. so it doesn't really matter the armor as you will keep getting your hits, now after your done you may not make as many as you would have if they had a 5+ armor save but still don't look a giant swinging bone giant of doom in the mouth.

as for the point cost thing i'd say keep it as is.
    Painting: 20 quarrelers

+ Reply to Thread