A Horrible and I mean HORRIBLE tragedy for TK - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    King of Curiosity AltheAlchemist's Avatar
    547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

A Horrible and I mean HORRIBLE tragedy for TK

Yesterday I was playing a game of warhammer against my neighbor who plays dark elves & empire. And so while we were in the game he accidentally knocked the table over yeah that was basically my expression. The whole army came crashing down in a HUGE wave! For a moment I thought I was dreaming. I was suspended in disbelief. I looked down at the casualties. His empire army seemed okay. most of my soldiers were okay... "wait... NOOOOOOOOOOO my Skullapult!" ...Okay, I didn't really cry but I came close to it. Where was I going with this? Oh yeah "Damn my flimsy table setup!" "DAMN IT TO HELL" I was one day away from making a more sturdy table setup why...WHY... WHYYYYY!!!!!!

So obviously yesterday could have gone better. However it could have been a lot worse. I origionally had my 15 pound pyramid (no joke it weighs that much) on the table but then I decided it took up too much room on the table. Good thing I did, if I still had that on the table the devastation would have been awful... I don't want to think about it! Also I didn't have my scorpion on the table because I was using ICFB. So things could have been A LOT worse.

Anyway I probably won't be playing tomb kings again until I fix up my Skullapult so I will be playing dwarfs this weekend. Rest in peace oh great skull chucking one, rest in peace!

RIP: Spencer's SSC, March 2009-April 17, 2009.

I think I will be giving a good look at the how to build a SSC and Scorpion thread again!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww man you have my sympathies, i havent even been able to make mine yet so to have it broken must have been heartbreaking =( , sorry dude.

547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Lol it's okay I just need to fix up my catapult and a few bowmen. Plus I've barely painted my army. I had most of it painted a while back but then I primed them and started over so it's okay. I've already moved my table and I'll probably go to my local gamestore for help on rebuilding my Catapult. (I don't even know how I was able to get it completed the first time ) but these things happen. Thanks for your sympathy anyway BTW I added to your rep for it
    Last edited by AltheAlchemist; April 18th, 2009 at 15:38.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Bummer dude. You may want to look into pinning some of the major joints. I feel mine is exceptionally strong because of the pinning I did. Of course it hasnt taken a pounding quite like yours did, but it has fought of vicisious attack cats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

How exactly do you pin a model? I've never done it before. Also, what kind of tools would I need to pin a model? Sorry if these sound like stupid questions but I'm not very good at glueing, modeling or painting.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Tbh i don't think pinning would save an SSC in a rather large fall lol. Small knocks maybe (like when i destroyed mine with my elbow hasnt been right since... damn karma...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Ha ha, speaking of karma I just remembered that at one of my friend's house I elbowed a necron tank pyramid thingy and it fell apart, my friend and I had a good laugh about it, but still those things are not easy to glue, since then I have been known as a clumsy idiot, however that may change because of this incident with my other friend.... hmmmm

Oh also I forgot to mention my basement has a concrete floor so this was no light fall! I guess I'll figure out how to pin models and when I do get my ssc assembled, I won't be taking it to the basement any time soon that's for sure
    Last edited by AltheAlchemist; April 18th, 2009 at 19:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

For pinning you need a pin vice with drill bits and some wire. For wire I usually use guitaur strings, but you can find other stuff that works too. Basically, you drill a hole in both pieces so that the holes match up. (usually I test fit the pieces together first to approximate where I need to place the holes. Then I will drill one, test fit again, and drill the other one.) You want to drill in a little bit. Not too shallow, but you don't need to drill for oil either. After that, cut a piece of wire and test fit it in the joint. You'll probably have to keep cutting it down until you get it right. (watch out for flying metal pieces when you snip the wire. don't want to put out an eye) After that, stick glue in the holes, put the wire in, and put the joint togther and let dry. You can also help out with green stuff at this point to help hold while it dries and fill in any gaps. (or you can wait for gs til after.)
    Wow, that was kind of long winded. Anways, there are few details or alternate techniques that I probably left out, but thats how I do it. I defentely like to do pinning on big pieces. Gives that extra strength.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Thanks for the advice! I'll see if I can get ahold of the materials for it, and when I do I'm going to fix my catapult and bash it with a hammer to see if it still stands! Just kidding about that last part!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what you can do but its slightly overkill is when you pin it (i use paperclips) use an epoxy resin like araldite, since it sets extremely hard but not brittle like superglue, and forms a much stronger bond. Had a friend who dropped something he had araldited and the metal around the joint bent instead of the join breaking, its that strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast