Army Dividing Tactic (against lizzies) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    King of Curiosity AltheAlchemist's Avatar
    547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Army Dividing Tactic (against lizzies)

In my last battle with Lizzies I used this tactic (playing as dwarfs) to separate half of his army from his Engine of the Gods. It worked, however I misfired too much with my cannons! Anyway, here's how the tactic works; You separate your army into two groups (make sure you have a lot of ranged units in these groups) so your opponent has to either pick a side to attack and get shot at by the other side, or split up his army so his EotG can only affect half of his army! I'm not so sure about how this would work with TK but I'd like to see what you think! I think this would work in <2000 point games because then they can only have 1 EotG.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe have casket and ssc, plus archers in one corner, and chariots over in another to create a ranged anvil and a chariot hammer? If they go for the chariots in one lump you may be in trouble, maybe have scorps hidden right in the middle of the two groups to attack the rear of whichever group looks more dangerous.

Hmm, actually maybe have the casket with the chariots so they will go for the archer group. Even if they have their backs to the casket making it much weaker, its still very nice to have your chariots facing the enemys backs.

547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

That's actually an interesting Idea for a variation on this tactic! It completely changes the objective of dividing your army from trying to separate them from their EotG to trying to flank them! I like that idea though! I may experiment in my next battle and try that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideally you would want some units going after the chariots and some after the archers.

This way you could charge the chariots and ICFB scorps into the group that went for the chariots, wipe them out and then charge the rear of the group that went for the archers, who would already hopefully be weakened by arrow plus ssc fire.

Your essentially forcing them to get rear charged whichever group they go for or if they split. Gotta love the scorps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

See, TK players using their brains! I like that Idea and it woudl work perfectly with a standard 2000 point army! I gotta try this next battle! Plus this sounds like a much more interesting way to deploy, rather than lining up your army on the same area!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it works pretty well either of the three ways:

• If they all go for your archers, thats cool, shoot em up and have chariots and ICFB scorps pwn em from behind (sorry bout the wording). This way your casket is useless but you gain huge tactical advantage.
    • If they all go for your chariots, not quite so good for you, but they are marching into the casket and your chariots may do some damage before they are sacrificed, this way gives your archers ages to fire, plus i dont think they get shield bonus to save if they are looking away from arrow fire. So they have to go after your chariots take some wounds from chariots and loads from shooting, then turn round and attack archers who can shoot them up again whilst the enemy make thier way across the table. when they reach your archer lines very weakened hopefully scorps attack rear again.
    • If they split, have chariots and scorps try destroy one group and then all go for the group that went for your archers.

+ Reply to Thread