Anyone else get the stink eye when busting out TK? Poll! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have you gotten you some stink eye for playing TK?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, its very awkward.

3 9.09%
  • No, people don't seem to care.

19 57.58%
  • I don't play TK and I have no idea why I'm on their forums.

11 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else get the stink eye when busting out TK? Poll!

I was out at my local HobbyTown the other day and struck up a game with another couple fantasy players. It was a 1400ish point game, rather casual - I took a bone giant, bunch of chariots, 40 archers, a casket and some swarms. My opponents took a steam tank (jerks) and a bunch of cannons, an some dwarf miners.

I managed to start the beginning the game solidly, 80 archer shots in total and making them use all dispel scrolls. Their turn nothing happened really, they managed to destroy 2 chariots with a beautiful cannon shot. The next turn I rezzed the chariots and opened the casket, rolling box cars making my total a ba dum - 14. NOW! He had Inner Circle Knights. All LD of empire is 8 or thereabouts I think. 6 wiped form every model, making panic checks all around.

Whats this (comical) story leading up to? I have pretty much been barred from playing TK in a casual game. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and maybe wants to share a story that goes along with it

0/0/0 Dark Eldar 0/0/0 Skaven0/0/0 Chaos Dwarfs
    Starting on January 1st 2010

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adhesivespatula View Post
    I was out at my local HobbyTown the other day and struck up a game with another couple fantasy players. It was a 1400ish point game, rather casual - I took a bone giant, bunch of chariots, 40 archers, a casket and some swarms. My opponents took a steam tank (jerks) and a bunch of cannons, an some dwarf miners.

I managed to start the beginning the game solidly, 80 archer shots in total and making them use all dispel scrolls. Their turn nothing happened really, they managed to destroy 2 chariots with a beautiful cannon shot. The next turn I rezzed the chariots and opened the casket, rolling box cars making my total a ba dum - 14. NOW! He had Inner Circle Knights. All LD of empire is 8 or thereabouts I think. 6 wiped form every model, making panic checks all around.

Whats this (comical) story leading up to? I have pretty much been barred from playing TK in a casual game. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and maybe wants to share a story that goes along with it
    If hes stupid/inexperienced enough not to save dispel dice/scrolls for the casket he deserved to lose that badly, and later be resurected as one of your undead minions!

The Fabulous Pyramids and Necropolis of Lost Lybaras
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x1)

Congratulations on your great victory! But being barred from playing your army is unreasonable, your friends should reconsider. Here in Hawaii people were always happy to see my Tomb Kings. There aren't a lot of TK players here so it was fun for them to play something different. It's all about fun

Frankie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bone giant and a casket?
    you took two rare choices at 1400. i think i'd have gotten frustrated too i only play my casket in 'cerial' games.
    other then that it's all generalship and dice rolls. that's all we ever got going for us.
    My Soon2B DoC list below...Wip thread in the works
    http://tiny.cc/DoC2250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rolling box cars making my total a ba dum - 14.
    If i understand what you mean correctly you only rolled the light of death damage roll once and did that to all his units? You are supposed to roll the damage dice individually for each of his units that can see the casket.

Forgive me if i missunderstood you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jin Tkand View Post
    bone giant and a casket?
    you took two rare choices at 1400. i think i'd have gotten frustrated too i only play my casket in 'cerial' games.
    other then that it's all generalship and dice rolls. that's all we ever got going for us.
    Yeah that was a house rule, they wanted an additional rare choice, so they gave me one too. They took knights and I took a massive bone construct. This wyhole incident gives me a reason to start a new fantasy army though, so I am not upset in the least.

Does anyone have a good TK routing story? Perhaps something that made your opponent quit?
    0/0/0 Dark Eldar 0/0/0 Skaven0/0/0 Chaos Dwarfs
    Starting on January 1st 2010

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Well, aside from your 2 rares... any player who started winging about TKs being overpowered would get a slap from me (As do ones complaining they are weak )

Just wait 'til we get out update! Then they can probably whinge...

King of Curiosity AltheAlchemist's Avatar
    547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

For my group of friends, it's lizardmen and vampire counts that we can't stand! I always have bad luck (see title underneath name) so my friends love tearing my magic phase to shreds with their dispel dice when I roll bad rolls. However one time I also got double 6's on the Casket, but sadly it didn't do much. My friends really hate lizarmen though and the guy that plays them almost ALWAYS ends up bending the rules in his favor. VC are also one of the most hated armies but the guy who played them is now the guy who plays lizardmen (oddly enough, this kid is pretty popular at school) Anyway my point is that TK is not really that powerful of an army, but in the right hands with enough good dice rolls, they can work really well! However they are not an army you can just pick up randomly and be good at. Plus they really aren't all that great nowadays so I don't know what they're complaining about besides some good ol' fashioned luck.

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

Barring TK? Now thats a first. I've heard people getting upset at particularly nasty daemon and VC builds... but TK, never... well, untill now that is
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

worst i had was actually this weekend, my 25 blocks tomb guard got charged on their turn, it flees cause i won and outnumber, so i pursue and dont catch...

on my turn...
    in magic phase shoot a unit of his with my catapult, and it flees straight into a non fleeing unit... and it fails its check...
    his turn... he passes a reform check on one unit, fails the next they continue fleeing... hit the unit that just reformed... they panic again... i mean i don't think we did that wrong, but that was his last turn before he threw in the dice and said he hates my outnumbering fear causing units. meh i never liked 20+ skirmishing archers shooting at me either.
    My Soon2B DoC list below...Wip thread in the works
    http://tiny.cc/DoC2250

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast