Best and Worst TK Moment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    King of Curiosity AltheAlchemist's Avatar
    547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Best and Worst TK Moment

I am curious once again! This time I will be asking what were your best and worst moments with Tomb Kings! Now I believe I've already mentioned my worst moment as tomb kings (stupid flimsy table) but my best would have to be raising my scorpion from the ground, killing my opponent's general, killing his hellblaster, and then chasing his outriders all over the table! My worst moment (gameplay wise) was when I surrounded a unit of goblin spider riders with my 4 Ushabti, my 2 Swarms and my scorpions... and lost them all only to kill 1 SINGLE SPIDER RIDER! My used dice failed me once again So what is your best and worst moment playing as tomb kings!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Hmmm...

Best (or rather, most memorable, moments):
    - Having my Priest supported SSC single handedly see off 1500pts of Brets. T3 surrender. Think i lost one Chariot.
    - Casket about to be charged by a Bret Hero on Pegasus. He fails Terror and flees the other way... off the board
    - Old One on Carnosaur charges my King and his skellies. They fluff it, King responds by killing the OO, Carnosaur doesnt break. Carno breaks and flees and is promptly run down.
    - Skellies beating a (HoC) fully pimped combat mage Lord of Tzeentch on Disc in combat and running him down! yeah skellies!

Worst (most epic fail or frustrating):
    - Tourney HE player targets my Chariots with a template spell on T2 Uses the spells wording to partial my Hiero, who dies. Game over, very dull...
    - Chariots charge Krox (who are also flanked by old VC ghouls) Chariots fluff everything and get splintered in return. Ghould prob wouldve won the combat if i hadnt charged...
    - Prince and his Chariots charge a giant. Rubber weapons bounce off and they die fast

Gonna add things to this as i think of them.

Keep the new thread ideas coming Al!

The Fabulous Pyramids and Necropolis of Lost Lybaras
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x1)

Hi Al! My worst moment was when I sold my Tomb Kings on Ebay. I was in love with Bretonnians and thought I would fund my new army by selling the Tomb Kings. Wow, I miss them... No break tests, causing fear, saying 'Rise from your graves'! and throwing handfuls of skellies back onto the table.

My best moment was almost beating the best Fantasy player I know with a Queen Khalida led army. Some people seem to think TKs are outdated somehow, but we know they can put up a fight, and often win! What a game it was, so much fear and terror and raising the dead, the whole army did it's best for Khalida, it will always be one of my most favorite games ever!

Frankie

547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Aw that's too bad Francois! I know I would miss my tomb kings! It's like a baby losing their pacifier! Anyway I tried brets but I never got too interested in them, they felt a little dull to me, but I dunno I guess different armies are meant for different people. Khalida lists are always fun (lot's of poisoned attackes) So I'll bet being in a battle with such a good player must have been intense! What kind of army did this person play though? Hope you get some more tomb kings in the future (possibly when they get updated)

---------- Post added at 017 ---------- Previous post was at 010 ----------

Hey Phoenix! Epic fail moments always make for a good laugh, but dull games can just be frustrating (and in all truthfulness those are the worst moments) That liche priest must've been one powerful son of a ***** because taking on a whole army with an SSC is no easy task! That Bretonian guy sounds like a pansy! Also, hooray for skellies! I'll try to keep coming up with new thread topics! (they seem to keep things interesting for the non-new players) In fact I already have another "favorite" topic in my head but I'll save it for when this thread gets dull! Maybe I should make my new title "king of curiosity" instead of "owner of used, bad dice" what do you think?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Best: Playing local power gamers beastmen, get first turn, SSC panics beastherd with all four characters who flee off the board. He just gave up. Asked to start the game again. I wasn't having that, so he just took all his models an went home. ridiculous.

Worst: Playing against local store managers wood elves, its a tight game. Manage to get Tomb King with DOE an tomb guard entourage into combat with Treeman towards end of the game. Start knocking chunks out of it, but it fails its leadership an flees into woods but i dont catch it an get caught up in woods. stuck there, end up being rear charged and eaten by wild riders. argh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Well, it seems that fear has served you both favorably and negatively. Fear is one of the most fun parts of Tomb Kings so it's always fun to see your opponents run away peeing their pants! I think I may have fallen into the trap of following a unit into enemy territory and getting flank charged as well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

My best and worst moment reside in the same game.

Best: A lucky catapult shot kills a whole unit of six Grail Knights. A nearby trebuchet and 30 man skirmishing archer unit fail their panic checks for the loss and flee off the table, all in the first turn.

Worst: That same game, my whole army is totally decimated by my opponent who has a combat res monster of a knight lance whose standard has the War Banner, plus the BSB with the Banner of the Lady, Virtue of Duty and a chop em up Bretonnian Lord. Meeting combat with my 30 skeletons led by a Tomb King, going in combat res 1 to 7, plus all the wounds - sees my unit destroyed in one go, and then an overrun into my Casket and Catapult. Then it's just clean up from there.

Lesson to be learned: Never give up.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Best: Playing local power gamers beastmen, get first turn, SSC panics beastherd with all four characters who flee off the board. He just gave up. Asked to start the game again. I wasn't having that, so he just took all his models an went home. ridiculous.
    Lmao. Yet more proof that power gamers are idiots. Anyone that puts all four characters in a single unit deserves to have that happen, especially if they're playing Beastmen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I just thought of another terrible moment; Queen Khalida geting ignited in the first turn and dying! That's a good 520 victory points for one of my opponents spells (it was irresistible force) we made a lot of spontaneous combustion jokes during the game though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I haven't had a lot of "OH SH!T" or "F*%K yeah!!" moments, but I'll see what I can come up with...

Worst moment

Playing an orcs and goblins player, he's rolling for animosity. On his squig hoppers he rolls a 6. They move 6 inches in the direction of my chariots, directly in the opposite corner of the table. He then rolls to move them normally (3d6 movement) Rolls 3 6's, and them squig herders come bounding into my chariots from across the board in one turn. I thought I lost the game right there

Best moment....

Hm....probably killing an ogre players general in turn 1 due to a well aimed SSC shot (d6 wounds ftw!) and him not having a lookout gnoblar!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast