Tomb Kings going against Daemons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomb Kings going against Daemons

In the very near future I'm pitting my newly risen Tomb Kings against my girlfriend's Daemons. I got her into the game and the little daemonette picked one of the nastiest books and armies around! The thing is that I'm actually afraid of being totally overwhelmed (in small games at least) by the Daemons, they being very powerful in 7ed and the TK being much more humble in power. I have no profound pressure to triumph against a girl (whole army of girls actually, my gf is going full Slaaneshi with the Masque leading Daemonettes and Seekers) but I'm still going for a well-planned army list just because I don't want to see a total newbie just throwing stuff at me and winning too easily with those multiple, nice Weapon skilled, always strike first poisoned attacks from a model with a nifty Ward save on top of everything.

I'm thinking about going character-heavy. I'll invest in 2 Liches and maybe a Prince, the opponent being low on magic so I should get some stuff through. For Core I'm thinking my 6 light cavalry and a decent block of hw-skellies (the only Core I have for now). For Special there's two Scorps and for Rare, a SSC and a Bony. For 500-ish points, what to get?

'Ere we go, 'ere we go!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Atleast shes going for a fluffy army

At 1K, 3 Characters is probably a good idea, and an SSC as your rare as usual.

You mention 500pts? At this level you may really struggle. Try the border patrol rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the impression I'm going to suck at low points games, yes.

500 points is the smallest starting game (ok, Border Patrol I'm not really into doing that as I have models for more) with she with only 3 units (have to wait till Seekers get models released though), getting to play as soon as possible.
    'Ere we go, 'ere we go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Ok cool. Well, for now its probably best to start with a variety of units to teach her different aspects of the game. Chariots may be a good choice...

In 500pts you can get Prince, Priest, 3 Chariots, 20 Skellie Bowmen... Thats your lot lol. Maybe just 2 x 10 bowmen for this to fill your army requirements.

You should soon see that GW have totally messed up the balancing of the "points" system though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no bowmen or chariots right now, gotta try hunting for more pre-painted models (I bought a bundle of pre-painted models and inked them to mark them mine).

Well, I amuse myself by comparing a 6ed High Elf Archer to the rank-and-file Daemons. Same price, hellish difference in fighting potential.
    'Ere we go, 'ere we go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

The low-points battles are the worst for a TK player, I think... You have to spend a lot on characters and so have to fight with less units. You are also destined to play defensive with the Hiero. I would suggest in taking at least one Scorpion in such a battle if you can,,, It is really worth the points (If not in gaming, you will truly see a funny reaction in you GF's face when she can see its devastating powers)

I am also considering a list vs Chaos (though it is the Warriors) and will try that little Scorpy to separate their heads from their bodies

But keep in mind, TK's REAL power comes in bigger battles, so if you by any means loose this match, you will have a bigger chance of winning bigger battles...

Good Luck to You!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of shooters? Try to pick off her forces before they get to you with their quick and poisoned attacks? Just a suggestion. Archers are cheap and reliable, and with Righteous Smiting they're pretty formidable.
    Then again, I'm not nearly as experienced as the previous posters - I'm throwing in my two cents based solely on my limited experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaklz View Post
    Lots of shooters? Try to pick off her forces before they get to you with their quick and poisoned attacks? Just a suggestion. Archers are cheap and reliable, and with Righteous Smiting they're pretty formidable.
    Then again, I'm not nearly as experienced as the previous posters - I'm throwing in my two cents based solely on my limited experience.
    Against the poor(ish) Daemon saves, i agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with shooters

and make sure not to do SoTF on your SSC becuase its a waste of 20 pts on deamons but yes lots of shooters will weaken them and reform into blocks to take the charge and then flank
    AVE SATANAS! TK 3k army (W/D/L)(2/1/0)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've not faced daemons before, but having a glance at the book in my local shop, and having been told countless times by members of the forum, they seem to be pretty good .

ITP gets rid of a lot of our power but at the same time archers do seem like the way to go. Am i right that the daemonic ward save is negated against magical attacks? If so, you might want to use that to your advantage and the usually not very much used magic missile might be usefully to pick off small units.

HobbyGuy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast