Sun Tzu and The Art of War... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sun Tzu and The Art of War...

If you do not know what this book is you should probably look into it.

I personally have read it and I find that I have learned alot about tactics and some strategies that can be translated to the warhammer world. Not all can be as there is alot of politics but if anyone is looking for a few tried and true sound tips give it a shot. It is a quick read maybe 2 hours max if you are taking notes.

Just giving some advice to any generals out there...

And if anyone has any other sources of advice or tips/strategies feel free to post em here.

AVE SATANAS! TK 3k army (W/D/L)(2/1/0)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its one of those books i have always meant to read and never got round to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i will admit it may not be that interesting btu it has immense knowledge

theres a reason why every army officer and big business man has to read it in school

King of Curiosity AltheAlchemist's Avatar
    547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I don't have the attention span! I would rather shove a whole bag of sugar down my throat and run around in circles, sugar-high and ADD and then collapse having a seizure! That's my idea of a good time! Oh wait, time to take my medication! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The book is hugely interesting but there are problems in the translation of advice to Warhammer or any game.

First of all, all the psychological tricks and tactics discussed in it really don't go with a casual Warhammer match. Your opponent will likely just feel amused if you boast out with a measly unit of standard meleé infantry block against his cavalry hammer or give his doomed unit a chance to get away in order to break their spirit (no Leadership or Psychology rules for this one). Secondly, a Warhammer match is a lot more and better controlled event on which all participants have a god-camera-mode, having clear line of site to all but hidden troops. Warhammer has its own tricks of psychological warfare and unfortunately the large-scale battle strategies and whatnot can only be applied on the players, not the little soldiers because they all are under control of the owning player and subject to rigid rules that include only the most common and concrete issues and situations such as the fear of monsters or the demorilazition of being flank- or rear-charged.
    Last edited by Da Green Git; May 6th, 2009 at 10:53.
    'Ere we go, 'ere we go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some still can be though. if you are playing agaisnt an inexperienced player a bait and flank will work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Ah, it's an interesting book, but a bit overrated, I think. Best place, I think, for Warhammer advice is right here on LO. But, if you're interested in reading something to learn about playing Warhammer, I'd suggest reading War & Peace. Not only because it's the Beethoven's 9th of Novels, but also because it'll teach you to just submit to the will of the Dice Gods.

+ Reply to Thread