Librarium Online Forums banner

Faq bull?

647 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  chefsdad 
#1 ·
I know its been faqd, but the magic res vs the basket of souls seems like a whole lotta bull to me.

Its not technically a spell, and doesnt have a specific target, therefore opponents should not get theyre mag res vs it. im not being biased either, i also play daemons and would love my dogs to get theyre mag res 3 but it just seems to conflict with the rules.

If the faq is correct, then mag res should be able to be used against spells like crown of tiadron or cleansing falre, unless they do and im being a plonker.

please help me clear this up!!

thanks

#2 ·
By GWs own rules, newer rules > older ones. The newest FAQ states that Magic Resistance can only be used against specifically targeted spells, not such things as area affect spells, such as the Casket.

To be honest, the current set of FAQs are complete rubbish (not even written by GW, not the recent ones atleast), but GW made them official, so im happy to agree, no Mag Res vs the Casket :)

#3 ·
If you go to the GW website and look up the changes made to the new rulebook you can see the alterations they meant to print but didnt remeber, its called the errata i believe.

In here it specifically states that magic resistance now only effects spells specifically targeting the unit with magic resistance, like magic missiles. If you dont have to say "Im casting this spell on that unit" they no longer get their magic resistance and somehow confer it to the whole army either.

Im under the impression that the tomb king FAQs have not been updated since 6th ed?

#7 ·
The no res on the "basket" (I think this should now be the official name, Phoenix make this happen please) makes sense to me. For example, the sun affects everyone on the planet, though it does not target anyone in particular.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.