Casket and DE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Casket and DE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Casket and DE

I am going against a DE player saturday. I want to bring a CoS but i know he plans to use shadowblade. Is there any way i can avoid losing my CoS to shadowblade?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Pray that he fails the test? Or ask him not to use special characters and try to play/win a game without using GWs broken tourney units...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol
    Thanks, i was hoping for an answer not like that, but i was expecting that anyways.

That character feels so broken
    being able to have a guaranteed kill of one of the casket gaurd, and charge the rest
    Thus ruining the whole thing >

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally will not play a game with special characters. GW basically just creates all these guys because are sweet, but they don't actually playtest them, therefore they become very unbalanced. So, if you don't play an army that has one of the best characters, you have a very bad disadvantage. Not using special characters really helps to balance out the armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

give the priest collar of shapesh, challenge, and pray to god he doesnt get a killing blow and you roll well enoug for him to survive.

alternatively do what the others have said and dont let him use him (the much safer option) lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help, and ideas. This is going to be a 4 person game (2v2) and i am the only one not using a special character, i dont have much of a option of asking them not to use one. But thanks anyways!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

I don't think the Collar of Shapesh will do enought to save the priest. Even if he survives the attacks by rolling a bunch of 4+'s to transfer wounds, he is not going to cause any damage in return and will just die from combat res. The only real chance would be if he gets exposed (on a 1) and you get a shot with the Tomb Guard and his killing blow. He hits on a 5+, KB's on a 6 and he fails his 5+ ward. Yeah, basically if he chooses the casket, say adios (just hope he chooses one of your teamates units )
    Anyways, let us know what happens with this game. I'm kind of curious how it will go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, i know its going to be pretty much toast for me

But i will remember, to come back and say what happens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im assuming its a small game? if it is dont take the basket and take the SSC. if it isnt take 2!

he'll probably hide in there because its a disgusting war machine, and when he kils the crew and overruns, heal the crew! then you havent lost any points

this is assuming that the sie of the SSC makes it unit strength 3 so you will outnumber him and take 2 wounds on the 'pult due to CR (not entirely sure how cr works against undead war machines, but i would think that this wouldbe the worst case scenario)

like i say im not the expert but its just a thought to play with

even if you do lose the ssc your guaranteed a first shot with it (not including magic) and if it misfires and blows up turn one its made its points back! whereas the basket would just die and so would a valuble priest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you! That is a freaking awesome idea!
    My partner said we should try to bait the DE player to use his shadow blade to target my Hiero. Maybe if i place him with a Catapult, that will be enough to make him try to get my heiro. But ill just detach the hierophant on my first turn, so he will be safe. And like you said
    Who cares if he kills catapult crew, i can just summon them back!

THANK YOU!

hopefully this can work!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast