Casket of Souls question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Casket of Souls question

Do the units that draw a line of sight to the Casket use the general's leadership value to determine how many wound the unit takes?

Would you take Casket of souls into a small game, say, 1000 points? It'd have the potential to destroy half the enemies' armies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Yes. A units Ld is always taken as its greatest possible value, and if the General is in range then his Ld is always conferred.

As for using it in 1K games, yes it has massive potential, but the huge amount of points used up in TP, LP, LP Casket (whats that... 500pts?) leaves very little room for much else. It would be interesting, but i think an SSC is generally the preferred option. Still, give it a go, could be fun/destructive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do bear in mind that in small games, the effect of the default 2 dispell dice is much greater.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyspuz View Post
    Do bear in mind that in small games, the effect of the default 2 dispell dice is much greater.
    But the cost can be too much for those armies,,, (not talking about the COMP )

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nagash View Post
    But the cost can be too much for those armies,,, (not talking about the COMP )
    I dont know what you mean, but to clarify i was meaning that at smaller games the casket is potentially easier to dispel.

Edit: well... not EASIER to dipel, but your opponent has less to lose by holding back dispel dice to counter the casket .
    Last edited by Fuzzyspuz; May 25th, 2009 at 19:31.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyspuz View Post
    well... not EASIER to dipel, but your opponent has less to lose by holding back dispel dice to counter the casket .
    Yeah, but for every loss the enemy takes, it is far worse than in BIG games This makes up for most of the points sometimes... and sometimes not... It's a gamble

WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nagash View Post
    Yeah, but for every loss the enemy takes, it is far worse than in BIG games This makes up for most of the points sometimes... and sometimes not... It's a gamble
    This is very true, if you do get the casket off, it will HURT your enemy at low points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

115 (x5)

I think it comes to a conclusion

If you know how to distribute your Incantations and MWbDs by your characters well, then the casket is a good choice. Make your enemy choose what magic he wants to be successfull (Does he want your chariots to flank his precious unit with his general inside, OR does he want to gamble in letting the casket to be opened).

If you are not familiar with how to use the Incantations well, then the casket is a bad choice. You have to make him to choose in your magic phase (between death by swords and spears or the light of death ofc!).

But then it is these simple factors... They are often forgotten in an army that always cause at least fear. The casket causes terror! It is strong to have a Terror-causing unit in field in a 1k pts battle

And the casket gives your enemy wizards -1 to cast, a wonderful song to hear in the ears of a veteran

Now I Really Hope It Helps!

WiP TK Army!

+ Reply to Thread