I need a lot of help with my list! Please! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need a lot of help with my list! Please!

The title says it all. I'd like some help with my list, I'm not sure how to make a list that is competitive but not ultra-powerful. Right now I'm focusing on about 1500 points, and then I'm going to expand to 2250. I have 6 chariots (2 units of 3) and a Tomb Scorpion to fill up my 3 special choices. One of those units is being joined by my Tomb Prince on a chariot. I'm going to take 2 Liche Priests, and I'm debating whether to put one with a Casket of Souls. I don't think that Tomb King magic is as powerful as it should be, so I think that Casket will put some extra pressure on my opponent and let me get some of my more crucial incantations (I only really want urgency to go off). I'm hoping that he'll save some dispel dice for my Casket, that way I can get an extra incantation off. I'm taking a Hieratic jar because they're great, and I'm debating whether to take Enkhil's Kanopi. One of the staff members at my store thinks that it's great and that it should be taken with every list, but I can't see what's so great about it. It's either the Kanopi or a second scroll.

I'm also wondering about my core choices. I have about 20 bowmen and I'm splitting them into 2 units of 10, but I think units of 15 would be better. Right now I don't have many points worth of models, and I'm struggling to build 1250, let alone 1500. Should I take skeleton warriors with hand weapons and shields? I wouldn't mind taking a big block of them, but I can't see much benefit from them other than being a tarpit. I don't want to keep raising skeletons back because that will rob me of some precious "Urgencying".

Currently my list is 1046 points. If I add the casket then it becomes 1211, and if I increase my bowmen units up to 15 then it becomes 1291. This means I have 200 points to add. I was thinking of adding Tomb Swarms, but they're pretty weak although in units of 3-4 they're great tarpits. I was thinking of putting in a big unit of 8 or so heavy cavalry. They're very weak and can't take a hit or deliver one, but I think a big unit will attract some attention and firepower. It's either that or 2 units of light cavalry for a flank charge to negate the ranks and add some extra bow power.

All help is appreciated, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

This will be a tricky one Everything depends on how you WANT to play with TK. What do you think has the coolest fluff??? and so on... If you take a look at the TK part of the forum, you will find much important help. I will add some links that might help you out, read them in the order I set them up:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...omb-kings.html (A Beginners Guide to Tomb Kings)

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ing-lists.html (Common points made when commenting on lists)

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...g-tactica.html

These will really help you out I think So, do NOT ignore these links

As for the Enkhils... It is a great choice in many battles. A TK player only got 2 Dice to dispel "remains in play" spells on the tabletop, and so, it is very risky not being able to dispel these. With the Khanopi, you can easily give your opponent a choice: Dispel the Khanopi (4+, so if he use one die it's only 50 percent chance that he will succeed) or let it go so that all remains in play will stop. This is a very good choice if you want to be immune to those RIP-spells In some battles though, the scroll can be a better choice...

I would personally prefer the bowmen, set up in regiments of 20-25. You will need the CR and outnumber in a TK army (even more than in a VC army )

To the Scorp... You should make use of at least two if you can. They can really make some heavy damage to enemy tactics, war machines and mages. Also, I would highly consider some SSCs. They can easily turn the tides of battle to your advantage

Hope It Helps!

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the links and the advice, they were a great help. I'm probably going to take the Kanopi now, although I'm not sure about how many remains in play spells I'll be facing. I suppose it depends on my opponent. About the scorpions, I can't take 2 in less than 2000 points. I have 2 units of 3 chariots which will take up 2 special choices. I think it will be in 2000 points and higher where my list should really shine, where chariots are core, I can take more scorpions and some Ushabti, and my magic will be a lot more powerful. I managed to get my 1500 list written, but it's not so great. It has 43 bow shots in the shooting phase, plus magical shooting. My magical phase is going to be as powerful as I can try to get it. I have MWBD on my Prince, my Priests magic, Enkhil's Kanopi and the Banner of the Dead Legion, and a Casket of Souls. The banner of the dead legion will be a real asset for my chariots. One of my chariot units will be joined by my Tomb Prince, so my other one will get the banner. It will save my Liche Priests a precious incantation of urgency. The Casket will be an added threat, and the only real thing in my army that can take out heavy cavalry.
    My list is as follows, and it isn't that great:

Tomb Prince, Chariot, Chariot of Fire, Flail, Light armour, Shield

Liche Priest, Cloak of the Dunes, Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest, Casket of Souls, Scroll, Enkhil's Kanopi

15 Bowmen

15 Bowmen

6 Light Horsemen

7 Light Horsemen

3 Chariots, Musician, Banner

3 Chariots, Musician, Banner, Banner of the Dead Legion

Tomb Scorpion

TOTAL: 1493

So you know, my light horsemen are there for some added bow fire and can give some support in combat, although I wouldn't mind replacing them with something more useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not so experienced, but i played my irst proper 1200 point game yesterday vs vc and he took a coach with 3 vamps, two of which he placed next to the coach to suck up dice. his first turn, the coach powersup to lv3 (hatred, mag res 3 and +1 impact hit), with the vamps close behind it.

my turn one..... smite the bowmen on the coach, do nothing. smite the screaming skull catapult......direct hit on the coach and a partial on both vampires near it. 2 vamps and a coach dead on turn1!!!! he couldnt stop me after that.

the point im trying to make is then when a SSC goes off and works, it can be gamebreaking, id suggest droping the casket in favour of the SSC with the upgrade, at 1500 points its much more reliable to take out heavy cav as it not only allows no armour saves but the added -1 panic check is awesome.....even dwarfs dont look that sturdy!

if you do that and drop a unit of light horsemen, bump up the bowmen to at least 20 and maybe have a command, mount your priest and perhaps think about the staff of ravening? its much scarier than he kanopi and people will try to dispel that more often and leave them open to incantations. you might have some points left to bump up one of the chariot units to 4 and give the other Icon of the Sacred Eye (fail hitting on 2's? yes Please!)

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Think ill punt this to the army list section.

One piece of advice that may be useful, dont play above your limit. If you dont have the stuff yet to make a 1500pt army, hen dont add "useless" upgrades in order to get yourself there. Just settle at playing 1.2K or whatever for now

The links Nagash gave should be very helpful Most of my opinions are there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

115 (x5)

Glad to hear it helps

WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advise. I know that a catapult is great, but I think that I'd much rather have a casket. It can kill more guys and can send the enemy hiding under cover. It's also a bound spell and decreases their spell casting by one, which to me is very important since Tomb Kings in my opinion don't have enough dispel dice. I have to agree with you by dropping a unit of horsemen and increasing my bowmen units up to 20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bagotrx View Post
    It has 43 bow shots in the shooting phase, plus magical shooting.
    49. Remember that chariots have bows, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair point. Thanks. I always forget about chariots having bows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by bagotrx View Post
    Fair point. Thanks. I always forget about chariots having bows.
    Make sure not to forget them when you play them One shot can make the (game) day

WiP TK Army!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast