Quick Question with Icon Bearer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick Question with Icon Bearer

Hi,

I do not know if this is covered elsewere in this forum, but I have a quick question regarding the Icon bearer. I was curious, If I give my Icon Bearer a magic weapon like crook and flail of radiance, does he loose his tomb blade attribute of killing blow, or does he keep killing blow? Sorry if this is a really stupid question.I am thinking that the Icon Bearer would swap his tomb blade for another magic weapon thus loosing his killing blow attribute, but I want to make sure this is correct. Thanks everyone for replying

Nightminnow

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomb kings pg 27

1st paragraph, last sentence

Special Rules

Tomb blades

"Note that this rule does not apply to any magical weapon that the Icon bearer takes from the magic items list"

But the rule says that they get the Tomb blades rules for any "normal" weapon. but the IB doesn't have any other "normal" choice than to use HW's

Would be nice if he could choose a flail or greatweapon.
    Last edited by hymnofnot; June 11th, 2009 at 20:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by hymnofnot View Post
    The "Tomb Blades" special rule states that the
    Killing Blow and the ability of the weapons to count as
    magical are attached to the "mundane" weapons carried by the
    models
    This is true... It is also written (on the same page), strict and correct:

"... The weapon also has the Killing Blow special rule (see page 112 of the Warhammer rulebook). Note that this rule does not apply to any magic weapon that an Icon Bearer takes from the items list."

And that pretty much answers the question You do NOT get the benefits for the Tomb Blade while wearing other weapons from the items list. The Icon Bearer will only get these special rules (Killing Blow and Magical Attacks) if he uses his normal weapon

Always Glad to Help!

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

And of course, if he posesses a magic weapon, he can't use his mundane weapon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhhh.....as if the icon bearer didnt suck anyway.

quick question of my own, and i apologise for shamelessly using this thread to my own ends but we are talking about magic weapons and it seems silly to start a new thread to ask it....so here goes.

the price of the Sword of Might is different in different books, what is the ACTUAL price of it, or does it vary for each army i.e. has it gone down in price in 7th and the TK book just hasnt caught up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

You use the price in the army book. The difference between old and new books is commonly attributed as "power creep". But it also sometimes is due to differences in what each army "should" have so they set the price differently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhhh that sucks. are you sure though? because i know a number of wood elf players who use it at the current reduced price in other books?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by chefsdad View Post
    ahhhh that sucks. are you sure though? because i know a number of wood elf players who use it at the current reduced price in other books?
    Well, the players doing this are actually giving themselves an advantage. Here is how it sounds... "oh, well I'm going to ignore the entry in my book and use another books price because I'm sure GW meant for all prices for the items to be the same."
    If I were to take this farther, I could say for my Tomb King army.... "well, it doesnt say the price for a dwarf gyrocopter in my book, so I'm going to use the price for the one in the Dwarf book." But Tomb Kings were not meant to use the price in the Dwarf Book. (they wernt even meant to use them) Now if I were playing a friendly game and just playing around and my opponent agreed, then you could throw a gyrocopter in and have fun with it. But that relies on you and a friend deliberately changing the rules and playing things differently.

Basically, within the rules you are not allowed to use the price from a different book. You use the models and prices just from your book, and only from your book. When GW publishes a new book for the army, they will look at the prices, play test everything, and adjust the cost accordingly. This may mean the cost for the sword of might drops in price for wood elfs. But it also could stay the same or go up. If you are willing to let your opponents change their rule book and what they pay, thats fine too. (it is only just a game) (and one with army books from different editions of the games)

Okay, thats enough rambling for me for the moment. Whew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right gotcha, i have written lists with the current costs in the book so its all cool, and i shall smite the previously mentioned players

+ Reply to Thread