Rising my Liche - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rising my Liche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rising my Liche

Hey, I'm new to the forums and to WHFB, I accualy went and choose Tomb Kings so i thought it a better idea to start here in the forums.

So now that my spiel is complete, here are some questions!

I am going to set up spearmen, but I'm confused is having the extra pieces...just pointless, i mean after i glue the spears shields etc together is that...it I'm stuck with bits?
    or is there a way to take them apart and remake units? please help corpse bros

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the bits you can use for other models/conversions/makeyourownstuff. Spearmen are generally accepted as bad. they cost too much for what they do and the axtra attacks arn't worth it. Personally, I just go with bowmen but others use the hand weapon/shield combo. what ever works for you. You could also keep the spears on your models and then just claim they're hand weapons. I'm sure no one would mind ^^

-TD

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Welcome to the Legions of Librarium

Im gonna start you off with a handy little link to something i wrote a while back...

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...omb-kings.html (A Beginners Guide to Tomb Kings)

Hope you find it useful And feel free to ask any questions etc you have there (although over time, many issued have been covered in the answering of others' questions lol.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx, mos def helps
    ----------
    Btw, isn't a spear tech. a HW anyway or do spears go into another class type of weaponry?
    ----------
    And because im about 4lbs of noob, why isn't that extra attack worth it from spear units, because if i understand right both ranks could engage

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Skellies are WS2, they cant hit anything. Skellies are also S3. They cant wound anything (in practical terms ) The points you spend on that extra rank of attacks just got wasted, and now youre about to be hit hard due to your poor armour save / the enemy unit is still at full strength as you didnt shoot it with bows earlier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Skellies are WS2, they cant hit anything. Skellies are also S3. They cant wound anything (in practical terms ) The points you spend on that extra rank of attacks just got wasted, and now youre about to be hit hard due to your poor armour save / the enemy unit is still at full strength as you didnt shoot it with bows earlier.
    Take it easy Phoenix, hehe Spearmen CAN do good, but I would also prefer Bowmen as a first choice...

My first Skellies... How I hate them They have mixed weapons the whole bunch of them!!! Tip: Make all your Skellies with either HW+S or Bows

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea i agree SW with spears dont do so well and in combat if u dont charge u attack last and they could do so much damage to u that u would only get 1 rank to attack instead of 2 and then in combat resolution since your armor saves are only 5 its hard to get those saves off. Also even if u did charge you still only get 1 rank to attack so it kinda doesnt work out with the TK army getting ot fight in two rank. I find that my SW with light armor and shield do much better in combat.

thats what i think about the SW with spears.

But they can be usefull for flank charges cause then they could fight in two ranks. Also what phoenix said since our WS is 2 and S 3 it doesnt really help out when vsing things with WS5 and T4-T5.

+ Reply to Thread