Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I've had some pretty good success with a big block of archers due to their always hit on 5+ rule. They're great at shooting flyers, they can turn around and fire twice at Gorgers/Miners/etc., and they're relatively cheap in terms of points (20 with banner is 170 pts).
By using Tomb Swarms you can protect it from charges while other Units still can draw a Line of Sight to the Casket That's one effective way
More ways to keep Casket from harm:
If you want more tips, ask for it! Hehe
- Give the Casket Priest SoR. It will be devastating for enemy Skirmishers to get that Spell in their arses
- Place one SSC at each side of the Casket... These will be protected by the Terror while the Casket will be protected from flank charges. This is a risky one
- Have a squad of one or more Scorps to guard the Casket - they will kill most small units.
- Have Carrions to guard the Casket. Since they hunt in packs of 3+ they can easily eat other flyers such as Great Eagles
My problem with defending the casket isn't so much at close range, but at long range. It basically becomes a magnet for enemy fire as soon as the battle starts. Any way to protect it at long range without blocking line of sight or is this just a weak spot for casket?
It is very hard for the Priest to get hurt by ranged damage, except when talking about Stone Throwers or Cannonballs... To block the line of sight to the Casket is not required at all Send one or two Scorps to focus on these Objects
- Alocate hits... Some of the shots will miss
- Roll a die for each hit... 1-4s are ignored since the Casket can't get wounded, 5s and 6s hit the Crew
- Roll a die for each hit on the Crew... 1-2: Casket Guard no.1, 3-4: Casket Guard no.2 and 5-6: Liche Priest in Casket.
Do not let him come close, or he will be filled by arrows and poison and whatever you can find usefull... If the Dragon comes close, show him the power of a Prince or a King
If you're running a casket you're going for a static fire base right? Just keep a squad of Ushabti handy to charge anything that tries to threaten you.
Protecting from ranged threats is much harder, cannons are certain death for a casket, catapults or mortars can also be a problem, not to mention sniping techniques like Hochland Long rifles or the wood elf magic hunters bow. The Golden ankhra on the priest can help but even then its a pretty big risk.
I think that a big unit of skellies can do the trick. Just use them to absorb the incoming fire and then reform them so that they become a big unit when something like a Varghulf arrives. With cannons and flyers and such I would say use a unit of carrion to get rid of them before they can get rid of you.