Shooting at a squad of chariots with hero on chariot? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shooting at a squad of chariots with hero on chariot?

Hello everybody i played a game yesterday against my dwarfin buddy and came across something that confused me.

So i had chariots going to his thunders and every time he shot at my chariot squad with my TP on chariot which was in the squad he always killed my chariot units. I was thinking if he declares to shot at my chariot squad with the TP in it he would have to see if the shots might hit my TP or my chariots. Instead of all the shots constantly hitting my chariots?

Also If my whole chariot squad died and my TP is still alive and that squad had the BotUL wouldnt my TP pick up the banner and be able to use the rez to bring back my chariot squad back to life?

These are two things i came across when i vs my friend that confused me. Could anyone help me and tell me what would happen in these situations?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

It depends on the size of your unit when he fires upon them.
    If you have five or more rank n' file chariots plus the character, then only the pud chariots may be hit when fired upon.
    If you have less than five rank n' file chariots, then the shots must be randomized after allocated.
    So for example: If you have a Prince in a chariot who joins a unit of three chariots and they are shot at and hit by six shots - each model would take one hit (4), and then you would randomize the last two shots to see where they land (1-3 hit rank n' file chariots, 4 hits your character, re-roll 5s and 6s).
    Note that all the hits that are allocated onto rank n' file chariots simply sum up to a total number of wounds (you can't have three chariots with one wound each on them, you would just lose one chariot in this case).
    Also keep in mind that any hits on the Prince have to be further randomized between the character and the character's chariot.

As for your second question, no - the magic standard belongs to the unit, and the prince will never pick it up if the unit is destroyed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank for the answer MobiusPrime this is extremely helpful to my chariots when being shot at. Also thank you for the other answer now it makes sence to me.

when i vsed my friend he just destroyed my chariots first without randomizing the shots between my hero and the unit. All my chariots died and i thought that my hero could still rez my troops back but my friend told me no he cant because he cant pick up banner which you just answered my question and my friend was right about that part but when shooting at my chariots he was wrong. Which ruined my whole plan and i would never have done that move.

Possibly i could have even one cause my chariots wouldnt have died as fast.
    Last edited by ChinaMan; July 20th, 2009 at 05:40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Mobius nailed it

Also, the best thing to do in a battle if something like this comes up - if the Holy Ruleboook cannot help you - roll a Die 1-3 = one result, 4-6 = the other, hehe

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we dont do that lol we just all agree on something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaMan View Post
    we dont do that lol we just all agree on something.
    That's far better if it is possible

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

In terms of beating this kind of tactic from the enemy there are several ways:

Carrion move super quick with an incantation of urgency. You can charge him first turn, even if he is at the back of his deployment zone.
    Scorpions or swarms can typically beat ranged units (most except dwarfs) and can get there with ICFB if they get lucky.

Personally, I like to thrust multiple fast units at a gun line and make him choose which one to shoot and which one to let through (usually this is both a chariot unit and a scorpion, with carrion for added pressure).
    Then after I have broken through his archer line, turn about and start threatening flanks/marchblocking/flee blocking, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swarms do fine fight dwarfs atm mine is just my bog standard 3rd core but he killed a master engineer a cannon and a bolt thorwer yesterday but he needed a bit of help with the bolt thorwer specially as both my scorpions died (gotta hate dwarfs and the misfire table)

+ Reply to Thread