settra - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: settra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

settra

new to tomb kings, and looking to do an almost pure chariot army led by settra, one of his special rules settra's army states half the army points have to be spent on chariots and tomb guard, as he is 625 points does that leave me just 375 points to spend on non chariot and tomb guard units, i know this is a nooby question i just want clarification

tnx in advace
    ----------
    ive sorted this out now, and also read that i cant use him in 2000 point games, i reli should read the codex properly in future

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by theonetyrant View Post
    ive sorted this out now, and also read that i cant use him in 2000 point games, i reli should read the codex properly in future
    Everyone makes mistakes sometimes Hope you enjoy the Army of Settra

//Nagash, the Destroyer of Nehekhara

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

That, and its an Army Book, not a Codex

Wait til 7th ed, Settra should be beefed up nicely in line with other 7th ed Herohammers. (you know, taking just 1 hero slot and costing a mere 300pts )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Wait til 7th ed, Settra should be beefed up nicely in line with other 7th ed Herohammers. (you know, taking just 1 hero slot and costing a mere 300pts )
    Don't say that... It would be quite a shame for TK if he was THAT underprized

//

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Nagash View Post
    Don't say that... It would be quite a shame for TK if he was THAT underprized

//
    That would be a boon to TK players! I'd love to pay half the points for twice the stats. Of course, then I'd be rolling over everyone. Fun for me, not so much for anyone else...
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That, and its an Army Book, not a Codex
    thats just being akward lol,

anyone got a clue when 7th edition is out, i need a fantasy army for the future and decided on tk lol
    ----------
    incase people cant tell i cant put quotes either lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by theonetyrant View Post
    anyone got a clue when 7th edition is out, i need a fantasy army for the future and decided on tk lol
    ----------
    Not sure when the next TK Army Book is out. Early next year Skaven should be out. If I would have to venture a guess, maybe middle to late 2010? We're still going to be waiting for awhile. Its all speculation right now though (unless we have a super spy over in the UK that can sneak their way into GW and get a copy of the future plans... how are your spy skills Phoenix? )
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MC Bone Giant View Post
    Its all speculation right now though (unless we have a super spy over in the UK that can sneak their way into GW and get a copy of the future plans... how are your spy skills Phoenix? )
    how do you think i managed to write my beastmen book??

haha, kidding. they're spying on me for that one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

Using Settra with our current army book is utter suicide. He utterly cripples your magic defense. Even a medium magic army can hurt you bad at 3k pts, against an army that actually concentrates on magic like High elves, Lizardmen or Tzeetnch Chaos you will be obliterated in a matter of turns.

The only time its ever sensible to field settra is if you're guaranteed to be facing dwarfs
    The art of Eldar: Paint clean, play dirty!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Settra is awful, looking at his rules its plain idiocy to use him. Half your army on Chariots/Tomg Guard limits any tactics you may be using, and then having no liche priests destroys your army. There is no reason to ever use him at all. However, regards to the special character thing:

In the TK Army Book it says it does not require your opponents consent to use Settra or Khalida, and with all the new books featureing SC's as normal Lords, has that now been by-passed now. As in the army book and all 7th ed logic you shouldnt require opponents consent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast