New to TK - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to TK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to TK

Rather than hijack another thread I thought I'd just start a new one for this.
    As the subject says, I'm new to TK but not to Warhammer. I've played Dwarfs, Orcs and Goblins, Empire and Skaven in the past.

My main army is skaven. The reason for this is because a while back I sat down and wrote down all the things I wanted in an army as far as playstyle goes. Cheap point cost, lots of models, high movement, high initiative, powerful magic, powerful war machines. Strong monsters.

Well I got pretty much everything except the strong monsters. The rat ogres lied to me, although that may change soon. That said I don't really like the way the army looks and I'm not a big fan of the story and fluff. It's neat, but it doesn't suit me.

I've been interested in the tomb kings for years. Pretty much since the first time I saw somebody play them. They don't fit my typical playstyle but the story and fluff is awesome and the models look amazing. Well, I've got enough skaven to fill out a 3-4k army so I decided to start looking at a second backup army for fun and TK just stood out.

I'm actually going to try playing them for the first time today. I have the army book and I'm using skaven models for proxy, but if things go well and I like it I'll probably start buying the Tomb king models.

Painting will be a problem I still have about 160 rats to paint.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painting Tomb kings compared to Skaven is a bliss. I finished a unit of 20 archer skeletons in two days.
    Spray white, cover in devlan (or whatever its spelled) mud, drybrush with bleached bone.
    Then just pick out the details.

I fret whenever I think of the time it takes me to paint 20 clanrats... And I have about three units of them left to paint.
    "The ones with lingon och skit" - Andusciassus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

I understand that you like the fluff and look of TK Hehe, all the models look great, except from the Characters which are lame...

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love all the character models!
    I really really really, wish there was a variety of them though. For all the options you can give to a king, how come they all have swords, and/or great weapons? I would like a spear, or flail king.

Maybe more priests, i dont like putting priests on horses, so at large point games 3k-5k

I have a lot of the same priest models

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, looking more forward to painting skellies.

First battle went very well. Went up against vampire counts and had a minor loss. Not bad for a first game. The game breaker was probably my SSC. By freak accident a shot blew 10 inches left and landed square on the center of an ushabti unit that was engaged in melee. It had flank charged a unit of blood 5 blood knights and was preparing to slaughter them when the incoming skull killed 2 of them outright and left the BK unit unscathed.

It's only my first battle, but so far I think I prefer these guys to my skaven.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Welcome to TK! They can be a lot of fun to play and tactically challenging. It's nice to have your whole army not worry about break tests and what not. The key with TK is synergy with your units and magic. You get that down and you are good to go.
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflebob View Post
    Yeah, looking more forward to painting skellies.

First battle went very well. Went up against vampire counts and had a minor loss. Not bad for a first game. The game breaker was probably my SSC. By freak accident a shot blew 10 inches left and landed square on the center of an ushabti unit that was engaged in melee. It had flank charged a unit of blood 5 blood knights and was preparing to slaughter them when the incoming skull killed 2 of them outright and left the BK unit unscathed.

It's only my first battle, but so far I think I prefer these guys to my skaven.
    Ugh...terrible luck there in terms of dice. Although, the stats for Blood Knights were recently brought to my attention and I've gotta say, I can't think of anything in our army I would trust to take out a unit of those guys. They're friggin INSANE! And to think they're 10 points cheaper per model than Ushabti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatik1 View Post
    Ugh...terrible luck there in terms of dice. Although, the stats for Blood Knights were recently brought to my attention and I've gotta say, I can't think of anything in our army I would trust to take out a unit of those guys. They're friggin INSANE! And to think they're 10 points cheaper per model than Ushabti.
    You know what? A well aimed SCC shot can EASILY take care of those guys The Dire Wolves cannot shiled from such shooting

However, if you charge them in the flank, they will crumble due to CR - this is something that the Ushabti Unit would survive since they are Constructs

//Nagash, the Fear/-or even Terror-Causing

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x1)

I'm gonna advice you to be wary of the SSC. Seriously, the things are cursed! Either you aim wrong, and score a direct hit, or you aim right, and, without fail, roll scatter in the exact wrong direction and/or a misfire. And should it ever deign to land a wound on an enemy unit, yübetcha it's Immune to Panic or Psychology. Luckily, they never seem to hit the dreaded one on the misfire table.

I named mine Nemesis, due to the above and assembly.
    No.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Did you check out my beginners guide? (stickied in the TK forum)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast