Transporting your Tomb Kings - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transporting your Tomb Kings

Hope I got this in the right place. If not, I sincerely apologize to the moderators. I am wondering what type of transportation you guys use to move your Tomb Kings army from place to place. I am trying to have everything I need (models, paints, army cases, everything) in place before I re-deploy from Iraq. So right now, I am looking at Sabol Design cases. But if anyone has had better luck with other companies, please let me know. You guys have been a great help so far. Also, my goal is anywhere from 2250 to 4000 points of Tomb Kings. Thanks again for this wonderful site.

The sands of time consume all in the end. Beware, for we, the Kings of Nehekhara, are those sands made flesh.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Whats wrong with the Army cases provided by GW, apart from that they're expensive?
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Firstly, thank you for serving. Take a look at Battlefoam. They seem to have some good looking cases. I still use the cardboard army boxes to transport mine around in though, so I don't have any real exp with them. Hopefully they transport back alright.
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

I would use GWs Case It is very good, fit for TK, hehe

//Nagash, the Unbreakable

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you find any issues with transporting your Chariots and other larger models such as that? I have a lizardmen army, and I find it difficult using a GW case to carry my Cold One Cavalry around along with some of the larger standard bearers and such.
    The sands of time consume all in the end. Beware, for we, the Kings of Nehekhara, are those sands made flesh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally only ever put 1 unit of chariots in a GW case, if i was going to fit in 2 would have to cut out a large amount of the foam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use one of the GW cases. so far I've been cutting a lot of the foam to make them fit. It works out just fine most of the time. I think I'm going to have to put some things on the bottom and cut foam out of the upper layers to carry them safely, like for chariots.
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

I usually put larger models in a different case. This one is stuffed with MUCH paper, granting the models protection.

When small plastic models (Such as skeletons) and large metal models (Such as the BG) are stuffed together, the Skellies tend to get crushed

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Well, my thoughts with the Battlefoam cases is that you can get them specifically designed for your army. You can get tiers of trays at the right depth and size for your chariots. That way you don't have to brutalize the existing GW cases, which are set up for only man sized models. If you want to set them up to where you put your units in on movement trays, you can do that too. GW cases are nice because they are hard sided, but you are limited in the design to a certain extent.
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Tomb kings are a pain in the ass to transport compared to some other armies. My units i blu tac (have magnets haven't got round to using them) onto their movement trays and then i put those into a battalion cardboard box (armybook and rule book fit under them too), 3 of my chariots sit in here aswell. The rest of my army goes into a tool box but these models could just as easily go into another battalion box blu taced to their trays aswell. My catapault goes in a little lunch box covered in tissues with my scorpions.
    unlike my dwarfs which i have 1500pts of fitting perfectly into 1 GW carry case with room to spare for another unit and more warmachines when i push them to 2k....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast