Confusing FAQ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confusing FAQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confusing FAQ

In the FAQ GW released for Tomb Kings one of the questions goes like this:

Q. Can you ressurect a Tomb King's Chariot if it has been destroyed but the Tomb King is still 'alive'?

A. No. The Tomb King ans his Chariot are treated separately. You also cannot resurrect the Tomb King if the Chariot is still alive!

I have two questions:

1) Even if the Chariot is in a unit you can't resurrect it?

2) If the Chariot takes 3 wounds and dies does the character/ models riding it also die?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

1) Even if the Chariot is in a unit you can't resurrect it?
    that's right because it is not actually part of the unit, it can still act on its own if there is no character there
    2) If the Chariot takes 3 wounds and dies does the character/ models riding it also die?
    no, he is just now on foot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok lets say the chariot takes 2 wounds, I can still use the incantation of summoning to regain those wound right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup.
    "The ones with lingon och skit" - Andusciassus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Mohncho View Post
    Ok lets say the chariot takes 2 wounds, I can still use the incantation of summoning to regain those wound right?
    You can heal whatever you want in TK (of those models with a statline), just make sure to use the correct amount of Wounds when you heal something

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not exatly on the same lines, but this just got my thinking. Now the prince/king replaces the driver and crew on the chariot, so if the prince/king dies, can the chariot still do anything being driverless, and if CoF had been taken on the character does the chariot retain the d6+! or does it revert back to a normal TK chariot?

Milk

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by cascadingmilk View Post
    not exatly on the same lines, but this just got my thinking. Now the prince/king replaces the driver and crew on the chariot, so if the prince/king dies, can the chariot still do anything being driverless, and if CoF had been taken on the character does the chariot retain the d6+! or does it revert back to a normal TK chariot?

Milk
    1: the chariot still moves and acts like a chariot, there are no special rules for when the driving character dies, so best to stick to the rules you know.
    The whole chariot is an undead thing, controlled by the general, it doesnt really affect the machine if parts are starting to fall off.

Bare in mind, when the character is dead, full victory points are given for the character and his chariot etc.

2: i dont know. im guessing when the character dies, the effect of his magic items are gone.

Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I can't find anywhere in the book or in the errata where it speaks about what happens to the chariot if it's character driver is destroyed. It goes into great detail about what happens if the chariot is destroyed but almost nothing for the other way around.

I'm not sure if the chariot would die with him, or if it would continue fighting. For a lot of rules the chariot is treated as if it were a ridden monster, which would suggest it could continue on without him.

As for the chariot of fire, thats a magic item taken by the character so I would think it would cease to function upon their death.
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

the chariot will be able to keep on fighting and work as normal with only the dead pony's draging it around, also if you had the COF you cease to get the bonus from it as it belonged to the character. i have only scene this once, and its usually more of an annoyance to your opponent than anything, but when it did happen it gave a unit of skeletons help on the side, and much to my surprise won the combat! its so satisfying when your dead troop's become even more dead and still hang around... if you know what i mean.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Surely if the character dies the chariot has NOBODY TO CONTROL IT. So it would count as a loss. Same as any other army, there are no special rules for it because it follows all the normal rules for it.

Magic items are assigned to a character (or perhaps a unit champion in some instances in other armies) if that character is destroyed the magic items are rendered useless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast