Question about TK rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about TK rules

ok, in particular, it's about miscasting. I know TKs don't miscast, but the Liches still count as wizards, and my friend said he could force me to miscast. I don't think it'd work, but he says the hellfire cannon from the Chaos army can cause EVERY WIZARD on the board to miscast. It hasn't come up in a game but It'd be nice to know. And are there any other fuzzy rules I should know about? Because people don't believe me when I start my magic phase and am rolling 3d6 twice for two incantations for a high liche priest. Oh and the Neferra's plaque, does it let you reroll both incantation attempts? because someone tried to tell me it didn't, thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm-Ra View Post
    ok, in particular, it's about miscasting. I know TKs don't miscast, but the Liches still count as wizards, and my friend said he could force me to miscast. I don't think it'd work, but he says the hellfire cannon from the Chaos army can cause EVERY WIZARD on the board to miscast. It hasn't come up in a game but It'd be nice to know. And are there any other fuzzy rules I should know about? Because people don't believe me when I start my magic phase and am rolling 3d6 twice for two incantations for a high liche priest. Oh and the Neferra's plaque, does it let you reroll both incantation attempts? because someone tried to tell me it didn't, thanks guys.
    I'm not aware of the hellcannon having the ability to force miscasts, but I could be wrong. The only ability close to that I was aware of was that on a misfire it had a chance to deal a wound to every caster on the battlefield. They might be older rules though.

That said, lich priest incantations never miscast and never fail. I think if there was an item or ability that could force a wizard to miscast when they aren't casting a spell then that should still work properly as for all other intents and purposes they are treated as a wizard.

As far as people not believing you, that is why you always bring your army book to games, so you can show them in your book where the rules are. The High lich priest does indeed get 2 incants at 3d6 and the plaques say that you can re-roll any incantation as long as you reroll all the dice. It does not list any restrictions.
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflebob View Post
    I'm not aware of the hellcannon having the ability to force miscasts, but I could be wrong. The only ability close to that I was aware of was that on a misfire it had a chance to deal a wound to every caster on the battlefield. They might be older rules though.

That said, lich priest incantations never miscast and never fail. I think if there was an item or ability that could force a wizard to miscast when they aren't casting a spell then that should still work properly as for all other intents and purposes they are treated as a wizard.

As far as people not believing you, that is why you always bring your army book to games, so you can show them in your book where the rules are. The High lich priest does indeed get 2 incants at 3d6 and the plaques say that you can re-roll any incantation as long as you reroll all the dice. It does not list any restrictions.

Hell cannon does have the ability to cause miscasts, its one of its misfires, called Thzzz.

I actually don't know if that effects Lich Priests though, but i would like to find out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

ok, in particular, it's about miscasting. I know TKs don't miscast, but the Liches still count as wizards, and my friend said he could force me to miscast. I don't think it'd work, but he says the hellfire cannon from the Chaos army can cause EVERY WIZARD on the board to miscast. It hasn't come up in a game but It'd be nice to know.
    They cannot be affected by miscast at all A Liche Priest can never be affected by such "Winds of Magic"-stuff, but he CAN forget Incantations due to your opponents Items. No Miscast, no Irresistible Force!

And are there any other fuzzy rules I should know about?
    Your Priests may cast the same Incantation twice (or even three times) a Magic Phase You probably know this already, hehe

Because people don't believe me when I start my magic phase and am rolling 3d6 twice for two incantations for a high liche priest. Oh and the Neferra's plaque, does it let you reroll both incantation attempts? because someone tried to tell me it didn't, thanks guys.
    The Plaques will give you the ability to reroll all Incantations that the wielder casts. However, this does not include the Basket

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nagash View Post
    They cannot be affected by miscast at all A Liche Priest can never be affected by such "Winds of Magic"-stuff, but he CAN forget Incantations due to your opponents Items. No Miscast, no Irresistible Force!
    I'm not so sure on this one. It states that the incantations do not follow the rules for irresistible force or miscasts but it doesn't say anything about the lich priests themselves, except that they are treated as wizards. You can't force an incantation to miscast, as they don't follow those rules, but if a spell just says that all wizards roll on the miscast table, I would think that would affect the lich priest. I can't find anything in our book that contradicts that.
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Pretty sure that our guys can NEVER be affected by Miscasts (or IF), from any source.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paragraph 1 of the using incantations section states: Liche priests and Liche high priests are treated as wizards

Paragraph 5 states:The rules for irressistable force and miscast do not apply to incantations.

I state: This does not say the priests themselves are immune to miscast so therefore can be affected by the hellcannon or the slann mage priests thing that make somone else miscast when he does (which by the way is horrendously broken)

I think thats how it works
    when a vampire bites you, its not out of love

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sure hope GW clears this up with the next book...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Hey, Phoenix! Why don't you just move this Thread to the Rules Forum? They might be able to clear things up over there

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by skelesaver View Post
    Paragraph 1 of the using incantations section states: Liche priests and Liche high priests are treated as wizards

Paragraph 5 states:The rules for irressistable force and miscast do not apply to incantations.

I state: This does not say the priests themselves are immune to miscast so therefore can be affected by the hellcannon or the slann mage priests thing that make somone else miscast when he does (which by the way is horrendously broken)

I think thats how it works

I'm going to agree with this statement as it clearly says it doesn't apply to incantations, not LP/LHP. I had a game where it was a serious argument between me and the TK player. No where in the book does it ever say LP/LHP are immune to miscasts themselves. It doesn't say anywhere that anything is immune to miscasts. I just says

Incantations. Not Liche Priests of Liche High Priests

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast