How do you paint your skelitons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

How do you paint your skelitons?

So I'm currently building and painting a Tomb King Army for my Local GW. And was kind of wondering how you TK players speed paint/professionally paint(ed) your army? Unlike WE I can't really poll this and have you vote on a particular scheme (oh well, unfortunate) =(.

Anyway Here's what mine look like a simple white primer black wash with bleached bone overbrush (basically just a wetter dry brush) red, gold, and bronze for the rest.

Now lets hear how you do it, see some pics etc. (just think its an interesting topic), that and I still have 3000 points to go!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

My general paint scheme is a basecoat of skull white, I then go over the whole model with a liberal wash of chestnut ink (if you can find this stuff, it's one of my favorite inks). After than I drybrush with bleached bone and a final (very light) dry brush of skull white.

Sorry I don't have better pictures at the moment. Can't find my camera.

The special units I have are better IMO:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Check out the WIP link in my sig for pictures. I went for more of a dark look, so I've done black base, with a ~75/25 Codex Grey/Black Highlight and then a highlight of 90/10 Bleached Bone/Black.
    I feel method is pretty speedy. I just need to make the time to continue painting.
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Well, just check my WiP Thread (easy to find) and you'll see how I do. Someone asked the question about how I paint Skellies (bone) in the Thread, right after posting my TP - so search for thatv part of the Thread

Base black, careful drybrush white, details Flesh Wash (old colour, I know ) - different schemes for different kinds of bones, much depending on what I've decided the bones to have been through - alot of fluff for each Skeleton It makes every painted model more of a person/character instead of a soldier...

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use the same method as hockeyman, except as I am no longer able to find chestnut ink easily I have started using gryphonne sepia in it's stead. I think it works very well.
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spray white, cover in devlan mud and dry brush with bleeched bone. Shields and detal in blue (LO blue almost) and metal in gold. Very quick, but it still takes me ages to get it done...
    "The ones with lingon och skit" - Andusciassus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my skeletons I don't use as much detail as this but still get decent results, (I will post pictures when I take some decent ones ), I just spray Chaos Black and dry brush bleached bone, this is my favourite look to be honest. And then brown for the bows / spears / insides of shields and gold for blades.

Btw, that Carrion looks amazing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

A dead easy way I've seen is gryphonne sepia over skull white. Doesn't need any more work after that, looks great and you can churn them out like nobody's business!
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x1)

I use pale flesh, brown ink and a white(ish) drybrush on mine.

The quickest way to paint any army is to do it on the sprue. Personally, I'm really anal about removing all the mold lines so it's not for me though.

Dipping is also a good way to churn out a good looking army quickly.
    Because Sun Tzu would play Tomb Kings...

+ Reply to Thread