The tomb king project - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tomb king project

Hey everyone, a little while ago i posted a thread asking for help on where do i start with tomb kings, and now finally i got my big box of tomb kings goodness, and im here to share my tomb king progress with you.

Im gonna start by saying this is in no means for me to show off painting skills or anything because i suck the bag at paints, so saying that i am open to critics and sujestions on how to put out a sexy tomb kings army on the board.

Second the theme im aiming for is gonna strange, new, unique, funky and cold, im goin for a snowy/mountain tomb kings army, and i have no clue how im gonna do it

Keep you all posted
    ----------
    hmmm anyone know how to upload pictures to this? keeps saying they failed to upload

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Well, first of all, congrats and good luck on your project.

Second, I imagine Phoenix may come along and punt this thread to the Modelling/Projects forum. (he's a bully like that! haha) You can see thats where my thread that I havent updated in way too long is. (see link in sig)

Third, as for your Snow Kings, I'd suggest maybe Brown as a base theme color for shields and such? If they were in a winter climate before Nagash's treachery, you'd expect a lot of fur pelts and what not. I'd say make the skellies dark like mine. That way they would stand out against a snow base. (If you were going to snow base it)
    The accent color could be something bright to stand out. Like a blue (maybe even like the blue of LO...)

Fourth, maybe get a Photobucket (or other internet photo site) account. That way you can upload photos to that, and then just paste the link in your message. You won't have to worry about resizing or whatnot.
    Last edited by MC Bone Giant; October 19th, 2009 at 21:27. Reason: Had to take out a smiley that snuck in. tricksy smileys...
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL nice! well i guess i shoulda known right? lol oh well

hmm im still waiten on my codex to come in, and when it does ill start figuring out my scheme based on schemes in the book.

ok to business, sorry photos dont work, its being retarded but doesnt matter that much i guess...... ok so i just unpacked my shipment of tomb kings goodness, heres a link to the photo just to make all of you wish u were me right now

Tomb Kings Project picture by TheLowd - Photobucket

here we will find:

2 battalions
    2 boxes of chariots
    3 tomb scorpions
    4 lich priests (2 mounted 2 normal)
    1 box of warriors
    2 skullapults
    1 casket of souls
    1 ushatabi or wtv its called
    1 tomb king with sword and shield

and on top there is a carrion painted and assembled not by my but i ordered off of ebay i will post link in a minute, the model is beutifal and just for an extra like 15 bucks.

i am still waiting for:

tomb king settra ( i need to find a kickass name to rename him)
    3 ushatabi wtv there called

OK im excited im going to glew!!!
    ----------
    ok heres the ebay link

WARHAMMER -TOMB KINGS- CARRION-PRO PAINTED - eBay (item 400075437466 end time Oct-25-09 11:52:26 PDT)

i really recommend the model, its awsome, i think im gonna by 2 more...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Necrons View Post
    im goin for a snowy/mountain tomb kings army, and i have no clue how im gonna do it

hmmm anyone know how to upload pictures to this? keeps saying they failed to upload
    You may have already seen this army because I've posted this link before, but if not then you're in for a treat:

Morr's heretical log of the restless dead *Updated 10.07.08*

This should give you plenty of good ideas on how to proceed.

Posting images is one of those things that is super easy once you know how. I suggest you start by getting a free account at Photobucket. Uploading images is really easy after that but if you still struggle then I would suggest you click 'quote' on a post where someone has an image posted to see how they did it. If you still have any problems then just leave a post -there are always people around here who'd be happy to help.
    Because Sun Tzu would play Tomb Kings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm just gonna keep it simple and just copy/paste the link, that way i can keep the page a little shorter....

anyways so far i glewed 5 warriors, i have a question tho, is it better to have skeletons with hand weapons or spears?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

anyways so far i glewed 5 warriors, i have a question tho, is it better to have skeletons with hand weapons or spears?
    Ah well... This question is quite common Personally, I prefer Bowmen since they can do the little extra damage in range, reliable since they usually do not kill more than a Skaven Slave in Close Combat hehe

Field them in numbers for the little extra effect. If you outnumber, win combat and the enemy do not roll for Insane Courage, they will autobreak and flee. Right behind them, place some Carrions, and problem solved

However, you can read more about different choices of troops and equipmet in the stickied threads in this forum. I would suggest everyone of them

//Nagash, the Black

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x1)

is it better to have skeletons with hand weapons or spears?
    Neither. As Nagash mentioned, bows are usually the way to go with skellies.

Tomb guard are the most reliable anvil unit we have and they can often be used as a hammer in a pinch, but if you're really determined to field skellies in a meelee role then those with HW/S/LA are generally better (and cheaper) than spear dudes.

Whatever you decide to go with, make sure you use them all in units of 20+ though or you wont be getting the best out of them. Phoenixs' beginners guide to TK (stickied on this forum) will explain why.

Good luck!
    Because Sun Tzu would play Tomb Kings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL ok im splitten the box of warriors into 8 warriors and 8 bows so when i build the battalions ill have 40 warriors and 40 bowmen muahahahaahaha and im renaming my tomb king settra to tomb queen venaktra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

and im renaming my tomb king settra to tomb queen venaktra
    Hahaha! Settra will not like that, not at all... *Casting Nagash's Curse upon you*

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

+ Reply to Thread