Advice re Orcs and Goblins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice re Orcs and Goblins

Possibly playing O&G on Wednesday.

Never played against them before, but I am assuming that they have quite low leadership so the Casket would be handy. SSC for panic purposes and maybe the King with the terror causing mask.

Any other info that may be of use to me?

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

All good ideas.

The main thing is to try and split them up. If they have an Orc Warboss as general then there will be a Ld9 bubble in the middle of their army. If you can get units out of here than they revert to their standard 6/7 which you can have some real fun with.

I would recommend an Icon Bear.... cant finish that sentence with a straight face... (dont use one ever, until 7th Ed)

The only problem with the casket is that although they do have low leadership they have big units so you will still need to roll well for those panic checks. On the other hand you will have great fun with all their goblin war machines. Scorps will be good to take these out as well.

Beware the Wyvern. If he fields one of these then you will have few good options beside a great SSC shot or a nice roll on the casket. Note that if he goes down this route his units will mostly be on their own leadership.

The final thing to worry about is those pesky fanatics. It may be worth throwing in a single base of Tomb Swarms to bring them out early.

Thats all I can think of for now.
    Current painting project: 2300 pts of Dwarfs in 5 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x1)

I would definately take a casket. Although stratovarion was spot on about the big units you can expect to see, the casket will help thin their numbers down a bit and help you outnumber them later on to autobreak them with fear in meelee -or it will eat up 3dd per turn... it's all good.

The main threat you will need to be aware of IMHO is the fanatics. You should really try and spring these with something expendable as stratovarion mentioned (I generally use either 3 carrion or 5 light cav myself, but each to their own. A swarm is certainly cheaper but will generally mean those suspect units can get a lot closer before the fanatics are triggered).

Good luck!
    Because Sun Tzu would play Tomb Kings...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

chariots hitting flanks seem to destory my friends units very badly. landing carrion behind them is very handy at releasing fanatics and also being in a good position to destroy the unit if they panic into you from shooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Keep an eye out for Mork's Totem on a Battle Standard Bearer. It's fairly common and pretty good for magic defense. Could be in your best interest to take him out quickly and leave the rest of his army exposed to your spells. Or at least hit that unit he's with with some chariots to the flank.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

2K right? Then SSC + Casket combo should be pretty good. Aim your SSC at his heroes (and the units they are in). Other threats tend to be deal-able in other ways, which is a unique situation when dealing with this army lol.

Your King already causes fear, and terror is really only a 1 shot thing... but the mask could cause some chaos so thats up to you really

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Then SSC + Casket combo should be pretty good.
    Indeed!

I would suggest Tomb Guards too, with Icon of Rakaph and joined by a King with DoE... Unbeatable

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys.

I've written a Khalida list but it's a bit feeble in combat so I'll go the usual route of big block of TG,rakaph + King DOE, 3 lp + casket,ssc

big block of HW skellies, 2 scorps + odds n sods to make up the 2k

Love my TG, King, Assault LP block.

+ Reply to Thread