Grrr Wood Elves Dryads - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grrr Wood Elves Dryads

Just played a 900pt game against WE.

Granted we don't do too well at low points but I had my rear handed to me on a plate by my opponent.

He had 2 Lvl 2 wizards, 15 glade guard archers and 2x12 dryads and 7 scouts.

So Dryads skirmish through his moveable woods, are ItP and are as hard as Tomb Guard.

I had TP, LP, 2x12 archers, 12 S HW/Sh/Lt , 10 TG Full command Mirage banner and a scorpion.

How do I deal with the Dryads? They are faster than me, not scared of me and dish out attacks on higher initiative.

Help please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by EldarWonderland View Post
    How do I deal with the Dryads? They are faster than me, not scared of me and dish out attacks on higher initiative.
    Play at least 1k games... When playing below, use Warbands rules or something like that - or you'll be toasted (Few characters and no Rare is too much negative for TK)

Get a SSC. Shot at them, they're dead. Use chariots in flanks, something else in front. Win combat. Send characters to kill them off. Use Terror for that little extra effect. There's alot you can do

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x1)

You need a better list bud.

As you've noted yourself, we are not at our best at such a low points limit (to say the least), so you really need to get the best out of what you do have. The list you're using at the moment is -with the exception of the lone scorpion- ineffective across the board.

A 'block' of 12 sword & board skellies is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard. If you are going to use meelee skellies at all (and I don't think you should) then you need to use them in a block of at least 20 to maximise their CR or you simply will not get the points worth out of them. For this reason I would also merge the bow dudes into a single block (minimum core requirements permitting of course).

You can get away with using TG in a unit of 15 at such a low points limit, but I would use BotUL rather than the mirage standard. BotUL is out and out better all round: It's cheaper, adds to your poor magic phase and recovers casualties suffered in every phase of the game (not just the shooting phase).

You have 3 special slots to fill and this is where the strength of a TK army is to be found -use them! Chariots are usually a pre-requisite in any list I draft but you can always add another scorpion and it will serve you much better than another eighty or so points spent on core troops.

Generally i think it is far better to have a small number of truly effective units than it is to have a larger number of crappy ones. The 'rules' for fielding your TKs effectively at low points limit do not really change, you'll just have fewer units to start with.

I hope this helps bud.
    Because Sun Tzu would play Tomb Kings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers guys.

I knew I was on troubled ground at that low points level.
    I was playing a young lad who is building up his WE army slowly, I whipped his butt last week at 500pts but those extra dryads made a big difference.

I didn't want to be too cheesy and include a SSC but I will from now on - stuff him!

It was very hard against 15 archers and his 5 DD so I'll alter my list if we are still at 900pts.

As soon as we get over 1000 I'll be a lot happier.

I took the Mirage banner to attempt to close him quickly and make him reroll hits from his archers - it worked once but I couldn't get any Urgencies off so that plan failed lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in your case I would have first asked if you could play the patrol rules so you aren't required to spend half your points on a LP and TP for a heirophant and General. Ive never had a problem with that since being required to have both those heroes is annoying. Basically under patrol rules the LP acts as both the heirophant and general saving you 100+ points for other things.

To deal with the dryads(pesky things aren't they?) Id recommend using your TG with the help of a hero. TG have magic attacks negating their ward save and have killing blow. Normal skeletons wont last a turn against these guys. With TG in combat get the scorpion to back you up with a flank charge or something. Also no need for the mirage banner on the 10x TG IMO. Should have the Undying legion. the other 15points can go to an additional TG. Also support the TG with more ressurrection/atks from the LP.

At 1000points or below we are pretty useless. We shine once we are at 2kpoints. Having a Lord helps immensely.

Heres a decent 900 army list
    LP- Cloak and Jar
    20x TG FC banner of Undying
    2x Scorps

20x bowmen with musician
    13x bowmen with musician

894points. Something like that could work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandpwn View Post
    Well in your case I would have first asked if you could play the patrol rules so you aren't required to spend half your points on a LP and TP for a heirophant and General. Ive never had a problem with that since being required to have both those heroes is annoying. Basically under patrol rules the LP acts as both the heirophant and general saving you 100+ points for other things.

To deal with the dryads(pesky things aren't they?) Id recommend using your TG with the help of a hero. TG have magic attacks negating their ward save and have killing blow. Normal skeletons wont last a turn against these guys. With TG in combat get the scorpion to back you up with a flank charge or something. Also no need for the mirage banner on the 10x TG IMO. Should have the Undying legion. the other 15points can go to an additional TG. Also support the TG with more ressurrection/atks from the LP.

At 1000points or below we are pretty useless. We shine once we are at 2kpoints. Having a Lord helps immensely.

Heres a decent 900 army list
    LP- Cloak and Jar
    20x TG FC banner of Undying
    2x Scorps

20x bowmen with musician
    13x bowmen with musician

894points. Something like that could work.
    sorry man but for any tomb king list you are required to have at least 1 tomb prince or tomb king,you cant take a tomb king so i would reccomend losing a scorpion and 3 archers and investing in a cheap prince with 9 points for a weapon and armour,not much but enough for GW or shield and LA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you obviously didnt read what he said in his post, he says if you use the patrol rules hence only use a liche priest so that is what the list is based on, maybe you should read fully, not having a go or anything lol

its a shame to hear you lost

and not being a TK player im afraid im not sure what i could say to help with the list.
    “Secret operations are essential in war; upon them the army relies to make its every move.” - Sun Tzu
    For the glory of the Dwarves! - LO Army Builder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly there are a lot of option to go with at around 1k points. But it takes a bit more planning and strategy to win, since most of our units are expensive with low stats.
    Scorpions thankfully are relatively cheap and can do a lot of damage at 1k along with a screaming catapult. I would just stay away from Ushabti and the Bone Giant at 1k.

Also dont bother with heavy cavalry ever unless your like the 1% of TK players that enjoys a cavalry/chariot list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandpwn View Post
    Also dont bother with heavy cavalry ever unless your like the 1% of TK players that enjoys a cavalry/chariot list.
    HAHAHA Nice point there... I would not include the Chariots here though, since they're more commonly seen filling up core slots

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this Tookie the Tookie at York Garrison wargaming club?

If so I am the Lord of Khemri and my secret getting help from others has now been rumbled

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast