6 chariots or 3 + prince - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 chariots or 3 + prince

I have 3 chariots currently and will be playing a small points game this weekend (1k-1500). I have 3 new chariots on the way. I'm not sure if I should take prince with chariot of fire and 3 normal or 6 normal as i dont have enough chariots for 7.

If it helps my gaming group is filled with dark elf and chaos mortal players, more melee and shooting than magic in both cases. My units are

1 prince

2 liches

48 skeletons (used as bow men, i wont take them all, likely 30, block of 20 and 10 to harass)

8 horsemen (would likely take 5 as light to harass and cover chariot flanks and protect my liche on horse)

6 chariots

1 scorp

I can proxy tomb guard from the skeletons if necessary. not sure what to do, i think 6 chariots might be good against elves but prince might be necessary in the unit to significantly harm chaos warriors. thought?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you do 6 chariots unit you wont get all your impact hits on a charge. Your better off with two units of 3 but you cant take them because there special choices so here's what you should do.

3 (or 4) + prince with icon of rulership and fire one (1d6+1 impact hits) with a flail. That way you sort of get two units of chariots (prince can stay in the unit, not join and still be plenty effective, or stay to help them move then leave to fight). When you get over 5 chariots they get hard to move.

Just don't bother with the horsemen there worthless. In a 1k game a block of 30 skeletons will be super hard to get rid of. Just take 30 and two units of 10 to watch the flank. Its not a really great set up and If your store is cool with it, proxy skellys for a unit of tomb guard and just do 2 units of archers for your core choices.

Prince with that set up can kill chaos knights / unit of warriors on the charge. You have the Superior movement / charge range, so just make sure your hitting them in the flanks and rears. If you charge a block unit of chaos warriors in the front you'll lose. If you charge knights in the front it will depend on how well you roll (and what mark / banner they have).

You don't really have anything to deal with armor so your going to be at a disadvantage to begin with. Shoot at the Knights or his wizards if he puts them out there.

Elves should be less of a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry i meant two units of 3, not a unit of 6 i get 3 special choices so i could take two units of 3 and the scorp but no TG then.

yeah my lack of a SSC is a big disadvantage when it comes to heavily armoured troops but ive always steered clear of defence orientated lists. im happy to stand a small chance of winning as long as i do the best i can with what i have. just pray i dont fight a hydra! that thing will likely tear my army apart easily but i dont remember seeing anyone with one at my local store.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

I would suggest that you go for a TP in a Chariot unit of 3 (totally 4 Chariots) You'll need the scorp, and I would also suggest Tomb Guards...

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

gah! I was writing a nice long answer, when firefox decided to die

To sum up: 2 x 3 Chariots, for more options in game. Prince on foot in one of two large skellie units to flesh out the core of the army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ouch, that sucks.

Thanks for the tips guys, I think ill TRY and get two games and try both set ups out.

will be my first game as TKs either way so im not expecting miracles

+ Reply to Thread